Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

$1500 to upgrade...any ideas? help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 03:12 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought the Pioneer 9800bt a few weeks back and absolutley love it, you will be very happy with the deck, you can do your own screen savers, pictures ect. and the bluetooth works very well. I just did a minor revamp of my system by buying the deck and replacing all the factory speakers with alpine 6.5's. I have a Alpine MRD-M1000 Mono amp pushing 3 JL 10w6's in a motorized JL box. "Very rare, found it tucked in teh back of an audio store" it has a actuator that lifts the box up out of the well so you can store your ttop shades in the bottom and what not. Good luck, and keep bumpin.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:20 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SpoldUP
any updates??
I think this thread was pretty much done with...last post was in January. Bringin it back from the dead! Lol!! If your looking for a replacement system I have them available for your F-body, GTO, truck, or the C5 and later Vette. The F-body replacement system I have includes:
4 (doors and sails) CDT EF-6 midbass drivers, a pair of Powerbass 4" coaxials with silk tweeters/fiberglass cones, CDT UP-222 silk tweeter set with Upstage blending crossovers, CDT EF-100 10" subwoofer, fiberglass stealth enclosure, Cadence FXA-5100 5-channel amplifier (100watts x 4 plus 400watts x 1 RMS power), DB Link 4ga wiring kit with extra RCA's/12ga speaker wire/gold battery terminal adapter...everything you'd need for a complete car audio overhaul...for $880.00 shipping included to continental US.
Already have a sub system but want the speakers/amp combo...I can get you the above minus the sub and substitute the amp for a 4 channel dB Drive 125watt x 4 rms all for $558.00..shipped...still get the installation kit, etc.
PM me if anyone is interested!!

Last edited by KEE AUDIO; 11-18-2007 at 09:52 PM.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:21 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Koldnrg....that enclosure is a rare find and is very cool!! I have only seen 1 other one. You really should post pics of it if you get a chance. Not alot of people have seen that or even knew it exsited. Nice find!!
Old 11-19-2007, 05:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

heyy man well im currently putting a system in my truck... so ill give ya my opinion

Front speakers: Polk MOMO MMC6500 (300 dollar components at sonicelectronix.com for 179.99)
Back speakers: i dunno what size the back speakers are so and i dont feel like looking it up so u can pick those out on your own... (i dont have a trans am.. im putting my system in my gmc sierra)

Amplifier: I like the Eclipse Amp that one guy picked out but you can save 50 bucks more if you get it at sonicelectronix.com (700 dollar amp for 419.99 there) That will power your front and back door speakers and your subwoofer.

As for the woofer i would go with the 10 inch JL W3 sub since the amplifier will power the sub at the its rms. (300 dollar sub for 150 at sonicelectronix.com)