Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Monsoon Fader Control????????

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 06:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Monsoon Fader Control????????

My fader control no longer works in my camaro. Does the complete system have to be removed from the dash for repairs?
Old 01-24-2007, 07:49 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 276 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by BLNLS1/RX7
My fader control no longer works in my camaro. Does the complete system have to be removed from the dash for repairs?
Yes, but that shouldn't take you more than 10 minutes even if you've never done it before.

However, chances are you won't be able to get it repaired for less than what you'd pay for a replacement head unit. There are plenty of them for sale here in the parts for sale section or on ebay. They usually go for around $100 which is probably less than a radio shop will charge to work on your current head unit.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default real?

my ta radio has monsoon written on the lcd cover. there is no fader control like on the camaros though. where is it? it's a vert, not impressed with the sound system compared to the coupes.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:20 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Originally Posted by FERNANDO
my ta radio has monsoon written on the lcd cover. there is no fader control like on the camaros though. where is it? it's a vert, not impressed with the sound system compared to the coupes.
It's labeled "FADE" and it's beside the balance **** (labeled BAL) directly below the 7-band graphic equalizer.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is the process on getting the monsoon radio out of the dash? Does the entire dash have to come out?
Old 01-25-2007, 07:04 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

What is the process on getting the monsoon radio out of the dash? Does the entire dash have to come out?
It's quite easy...
- Pry off the trim panel surrounding the radio and the HVAC controls. If it hasn't been removed before it may be quite tight but it will pry off. Use the tip of a screwdriver or a butter knife (covered with a cloth to prevent scratches) to pry around the edges if necessary.
- Remove the three bolts (two on one side and one on the other) holding the head unit side brackets using a 7mm socket.
- Pull the head unit forward, reach around the back, and unplug the harnesses and antenna cable.

Installation is the reverse of removal.