Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

speaker questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 02:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year
Default speaker questions

My trans-am has the 10 speaker system but it's not monsoon. Can i put regular coax speakers in the doors and run a seperate tweeter? Also what size speaker is the back hatch, i believe it's 4" component, what size is it if i want to use a regular coax?

Also as of right now, I have NO midrange at all. It sucks because i can't turn it up that loud because it hurts. I have a jensen HU but it's only 4 channel so my sail panal speakers don't work. Is this normal?

Lots of questions i know but i'm in need of help!
Old 01-30-2007, 02:29 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

normal? Not at all. It is just not wired correctly. Do you have a built in amplifier or do you have an external one? I am going to need more information here. . . and aobut the midbass, you can put only a coaxial in there and run the tweeter from the speaker BUT it wont help out your midbass. If you want midbass you will want to get component speakers. Even if you dont want to spend 300 dollars for a set you can get a cheaper component set. I have heard good things about Phoenix Gold's 6.5" components and they run about 65 bucks! Cant beat it!
Old 01-30-2007, 03:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

i don't think you understood my post..
HU - Jensen 4 channel has a pre-amp.

Doors: 6.5 components Can i wire a 3 way coax here and a seperate tweeter?
Sail panals: Sony 3 way coax. They don't work, what is the problem?
Hatch: Can i wire a different size coax here?