Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Anyway I can make my car untowable???

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 01:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by badmfkr
SUP Jason I checked my oil the other day and noticed the green light was back on the delco guess I can quit wondering about it huh?
Yep..

Originally Posted by w02ramair
alarm system hooked up to a train horn...oh yea...
Train horns can be hard to get, hard to mount, need an air tank and compressor. Too much stuff, really. Those old ambulance sirens are about 6" cubed and spin up to high speeds to make that screaming sound. They make more sense to me.

Is there any place to park off campus?
Old 02-12-2007, 01:30 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still hasnt said, whats the beef with security that they threatened to tow your car?
Old 02-12-2007, 02:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Turn your wheels, put it in gear (or park), engage your parking brake, keep your steering wheel locked in position, and back into a parking spot against the curb, preferably with a fixture behind you.

Or, just park horizontally and have two friends park on both sides of your car vertically. They'll have fun trying to tow it out sideways without damaging the other cars. Of course they could just tow those cars out easily. Unless you have your friends park like above to put up a fight.
Old 02-12-2007, 03:58 PM
12 Second Club

Put claymores all around it, I wouldnt go near it if i seen that ****.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:57 AM
On The Tree

If they want it, they can tow it. When I went out to the club one time a guy parked in one of the paid lots and took off with out paying. He had a 98z28 and backed into the last corner spot to make it hard to tow. The tower had these little platforms with wheels that he put under the tires. They lifted the car up and he was able to slide it out of the spot. Then he took them off and pulled up on the flatbed while ******* up the front of the car in the process.

Moral of the story: If you are doing something wrong, just stop. Cuz they will take your **** and mess it up in the process.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:04 PM
ino
TECH Enthusiast

Get in good with the guards at schoool because they will watch yo ****. I did and my car did not get broken into.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:01 PM
TECH Resident

I say pull in to an end spot. Turn the wheels away from the curb. Put on the emegency brake.

They can't pick up the car from the back because when they try to pull it out, it will run into the curb. Unless they plan on damaging the vehicle towering.

They can always pull out the little wheels, to get it out , rofl.

Besides, why are they threating to tow you? You must have done something to make them made. Noise won't do it.

If they don't have any valid information, I would certainly file a complaint about they security guard threatning you.

But I have a feeling they have a good reason.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

You could always bribe them. Slip them a 20 every now and then. Or buy them lunch. Weigh that against the cost of getting your vehicle out of an impound lot. Then consider the car may be damaged during towing or broken into at the lot (or by tow truck driver). That could get real expensive.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

I had another idea. How about fit the car with air ride suspension and just drop it all the way to the ground after you park it? I've seen cars do that and man, I doubt you could tow them OR move them.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:35 PM
Staging Lane

If you're not the one that called them towers could give 2 ***** about your car. The harder you make it on them, the more damage they will do, and they are not liable for any damage(or "lost" valuables either). If they have to get inside, they will, and everything will be gone when you get it back. If the alarm's bothering them they'll just cut the battery cable. And they don't care about attention, even if a cops there he will detain you before he stops the towers. They are there doing their job, and they are experts at getting your car. Bottom line, don't get towed, work out whatever problem your having with the security guards. Besides, as mentioned before, those guys can be your friends when it comes to watching over your ride.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:40 PM
TECH Regular

build a moat around it
Old 03-06-2007, 01:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Trunk Monkey. God, this is so funny.
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/4319/trunk_monkey_2/
Old 03-06-2007, 01:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Another good deterent.

http://www.trunkmonkey.com/content/view/65/51/

How about this one for the tow truck drivers.

http://www.trunkmonkey.com/content/view/28/51/
Old 03-08-2007, 01:03 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can make it towable by putting an air bag suspension on it... you'd have to make sure the body of the car sits on the ground... but it's pricey, and kind of something you probably wouldn't want to put on a TA/Camaro... although the few i've seen did look pretty sick laid out on the ground.... :hmm:
Old 03-08-2007, 02:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

^ Post 29
Old 03-17-2007, 06:25 PM
Teching In

Short of the idea of cementing your car into the ground, there really is no way to make it "untowable". Period. And if for some reason the tow was authorized by the police, then they will be standing by too. (atleast around here)

To Lazlo, I dont know how the towers around your area do it but from personal experience doing police towing for a local town, we never even go into the car for a impound. Unless we have the keys (DWI,accident,etc) the car is dropped in the same way as it was picked up.

With modern day equipment such as "go-jacks"/ wheel dollies/ and "skates", you can move virtually anything without doing any damage.

I do understand where your comming from tho, there is always the bad apple in the bunch and the towing company/driver/etc that makes everyone else look bad.

All in all just do like it was said above, and pay your tickets/make friends with security/etc.
Old 03-17-2007, 07:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by seawolf18
Park your car in some wet concrete. Once it hardens no one can tow your car.
yea dude that's the only way, you cant go around getting towed. It is innevitable. Suck it up just like the rest of us what you need to do is tell the school about your problem and to make sure they watch it at all times
Old 03-18-2007, 10:30 AM
On The Tree

what did you do
Old 08-16-2010, 07:08 PM

Default There is a way

The easiest way to make your car untowable is to chain it to the nearest light pole or other unmovable object. Use a the thickest most heavy duty chain and lock you can find and there is nothing the bastards can do. I love watching them try to tow me because they are pure filth.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pretty much impossible. If they want it, they'll get it.

Although this guy seems to be onto something...

Originally Posted by bzabie1
The easiest way to make your car untowable is to chain it to the nearest light pole or other unmovable object. Use a the thickest most heavy duty chain and lock you can find and there is nothing the bastards can do. I love watching them try to tow me because they are pure filth.
You could attach a chain to your chassis and lock it to a pole. I bet subframe connectors would come in handy for that purpose!

Quick Reply: Anyway I can make my car untowable???