Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Amp choices Alpine MRV-F345

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007 | 10:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Amp choices Alpine MRV-F345

I blew a monsoon speaker so I bought some 62.7's and an alpine head unit. I was going to use the monsoon amp and add a mono amp with a sub. I picked up a used JL audio stealthbox. It likes 300watts but looking at mono amps in that range I didn't find anything I loved.

Found an Alpine MRV-F345 4 x75, 300 watts rear channels bridged. So what happens and how do I wire up the front 2 ohm speakers? For the price of this amp $261 I get 4 channels and room to grow in the future.

Not looking for sound competition winner just a step up from stock and not too much money away from go fast mods

So is this a good plan? Should I get rid of the Kappa's and buy something else for the front? If so what?

Thanks,

Bobby
Old 02-11-2007 | 10:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 93TAWicked1
I blew a monsoon speaker so I bought some 62.7's and an alpine head unit. I was going to use the monsoon amp and add a mono amp with a sub. I picked up a used JL audio stealthbox. It likes 300watts but looking at mono amps in that range I didn't find anything I loved.

Found an Alpine MRV-F345 4 x75, 300 watts rear channels bridged. So what happens and how do I wire up the front 2 ohm speakers? For the price of this amp $261 I get 4 channels and room to grow in the future.

Not looking for sound competition winner just a step up from stock and not too much money away from go fast mods

So is this a good plan? Should I get rid of the Kappa's and buy something else for the front? If so what?

Thanks,

Bobby
pioneer elite door speakers and jl audio anything
Old 02-11-2007 | 10:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL thanks for the answer but it really doesn't answer my questions I'll check out the Pioneer door speakers. I like JL amps too but I've also always had good luck with Alpine amps....