Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Rear View Cameras. Where? What?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 07:28 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear View Cameras. Where? What?

How many of you have one? I cant find any good threads on this topic. Where do you have yours mounted? Or where would you mount it? The only two options I know of are the keyhole, which I'd like to avoid if possible. And the license plate topper, which is too low and screams steal me. (Unless, it really isnt too low and no one can see it, which is possible. But what will my visibility be like?)

And finally, any suggestions for a brand or type? Naturally, the cheaper the better.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:04 AM
Restricted User

you can see mine in the rear center filler panel.

it's actually lower then where the keyhole would be. I filled the key hole and made another hole lower for the camera, so I could fit my Team JBL logo. I also have a hood release cable running to the hatch latch mechism, and the handle is hidden behind the bottom of the driver side b-pillar, so I can still open the hatch in the event of a dead battery or if the hatch pop solenoid ever dies.

I have an Accelle camera. Nice wide angle, but washes out in direct sunlight, and useless at night.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:14 AM
12 Second Club

Smart idea with the hatch release, but was it hard to reroute? Otherwise looks good. I've gotta find a camera thats good all around, sunlight/nighttime and what not.