Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

How much dynamat for a camaro

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 11:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default How much dynamat for a camaro

Hey all,
I have a 1998 Camaro Z28 and am going to be putting in new carpet. I would like to lay down some dynamat before hand so I can keep my music in and keep my dual exhaust cutout's noise out. I would like to cover the following areas:
Driver's side/passenger side floor/feet area.
Undeneath drivers/passenger seat/console area.
Under entire backseat foot and seat area
Both wheel wells
Behind both backseat speaker panels.
Behind the backseat back support
Hatch area
T-top storage area

What type of dynamat shold I use? How much will I need? Should I double layer the wheel wells for added sound reduction? What about double layering the areas by the cutouts? Thanks
Old 02-16-2007, 09:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did one layer through out the car with 100 square feet. The driver and passenger doors are the only thing I did not put anything on. I would suggest in doing them as well becaue there is a lot of noise that comes in through there. If I were to do it again I would go with 150 square feet and do the doors. Good luck, its a pain in the ***.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey not to jump a thread but wheres the cheapest place to buy this stuff and ever heard of brown bread insulation???
Old 02-17-2007, 08:42 AM
On The Tree

check out

rammaudio.com , their bxt mat is awesome and price is great too. I have 40ft of it in my bug and will be putting the 60ft roll i have in my TA (maybe today). And for the whole car id look into 150-200ft and double up every where you can.

And even cheap route is to use elemental designs mat, but i found the bxt mat is a lot nicer and seems higher quality.
Old 02-17-2007, 07:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I got all my stuff from B-Quiet. If you go to there website they are priced really good.

Quick Reply: How much dynamat for a camaro