Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Brand new Monsoon speakers rattle in stock system when not even screwed in?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007 | 05:18 PM
Staging Lane

Default Brand new Monsoon speakers rattle in stock system when not even screwed in?

Previous owner had a system and blew out some of the speakers. Everything is stock now, and I just replaced the speakers next to the rear seats and they have a slight rattle to them when some heavy bass hits.

I ordered brand new from GMPartsDirect, is this just the mediocre quality of the speakers or do most speakers do this to some extent? It's not rattling against the grill or other body parts, because I simply plugged it in and held it in my hand and could still hear it. Got it screwed in all tight, same result.

I assume the stock amp or head unit can't be responsible for throwing it off, is it just the nature of the Monsoon system?
Old 02-25-2007 | 05:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

depends on how much bass you are running to them adn how loud. they are still factory speakers, so dont expect too much from them.
Old 03-01-2007 | 06:23 PM
TECH Resident

amp could be taking a dump, try using a tone generator or a 9-12Volt signal to test it.
Old 03-01-2007 | 06:25 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ultraz
amp could be taking a dump, try using a tone generator or a 9-12Volt signal to test it.Test the speaker that is, not hte amp..... Try using a diff speaker to see if it does the smae thing.
alirght edited to say TEST SPEAKER, not amp