Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Head Unit Not Saving Settings?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 12:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head Unit Not Saving Settings?

I've recently installed my new Panasonic CQ-C8403U and I absolutley love the cd-player, although only 2 of my speakers are working due to a wireing issue I suppose, the cd-player still sounds excellent and the features are awesome... even better than my old Kenwood Excelon.

Anyway, the problem I've having is that the cd-player is not remembering settings when I'm shutting the car off. Basically I will set the time, the display, and get it all going... but if I shut the car off and turn it back on everything is erased... I have to eject the cd for the player to work and re-do everythign the way I want it which gets pretty frustrating. I know there could be a ton of issues relating to this, from wireing to power problems etc. And was wondering if anyone had experienced anything similar and can point me in the right direction rather than running around trying to figure out what to do first.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm no stereo guru but I know my way around!!! I just want sound in my Camaro to work for once, my last one had messed up everything as well lol.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:04 PM
On The Tree

re-check your 'memory' wire hookup. its sole purpose is to keep the settings when the engine is shut off. Your deck manual should show where to attach that wire in the car.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like your constant power wire is hooked up to the ignition switched wire in the car.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the info guys, I will check it out when I change my oil tonight. Sounds like either of those could be the problem :-).
Old 03-05-2007, 02:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think darom meant the same thing as I did, just that I said it simpler.