Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

factory ta volume knob & led fix

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 02:47 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default factory ta volume **** & led fix

The **** is not adjusting the volume correctly
ie you have to turn it mega slow and pull slightly, how do fix it

the led is very dim and i can barely read it any suggestions on this as well

I tried searching but apparently suck at that 'cause i wasnt finding anything
thanks
john
Old 03-23-2007, 02:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

honestly there isn't much you can do (that I know of at least)....are you interested in an aftermarket HU at all? This would be a good excuse to do so. When did the display go dim?
Old 03-23-2007, 03:13 PM
Launching!

i dont know, bought it that way was told its perfect

i just want stock as the car is going byebye
Old 03-28-2007, 01:44 PM
On The Tree

Try your local electronics parts store (radio shack might be your only choice) and get whats called contact cleaner (electronic contact cleaner) it's be better if oyu took the face plate off the radio and squirted directly into the volume **** housing but if you want to you can try and do it with the face plate still on. Turn the car off and make sure power is off to the radio (open your door with the keys out of the ignition or wait 5-10min for the time to expire) the spray it into the volume housing. It's dirty contacts causing it not to register the **** turning. Again I reccomend taking the radio out and taking off the faceplate and doing it right but you may be able to get it "good nuff" if your just wanting to sell it.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:21 PM
Launching!

thanks i will try it, its out of the car right now does the face come off easily?
Old 03-28-2007, 06:32 PM
TECH Veteran

yea dude you cant really do anything about it. The only thing you can do is buy a new one. I suggest getting an aftermarket HU. i just installed my panasonic cq8413 and dude it is so badass and it looks awesome!! pm me if you want the link if you do consider getting an aftermarket hu

Last edited by mycamaroSS; 03-28-2007 at 09:33 PM.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:35 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Topless TA
thanks i will try it, its out of the car right now does the face come off easily?
If you have even minor mechanical abilities it is a simple task. It's EASY to do and MUCH cheaper than the other suggestions you've been given. Not everyone has to have an aftermarket system. These cars are high enough on the steal priority for thieves without having high end strereos sitting there for everyone to see. I like to have stock units as long as they're the higher modles (monsoon for us) as the THD is usually compairable to the aftermarket stuff and if you are going to have amps and stuff anyway let them do what their designed to do

I know the aftermarket has alot of bells and whistles but I personally don't need that. I can do with amps and eq's what I need ... AND keep it out of sight of thieves to boot
Old 03-30-2007, 06:17 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 143 Posts

I finally found the link on how Midnight F-117A replaced the blown bulbs in his Monsoon headunit with LEDs:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/wiring-stereo-electronics/113734-ya-think-i-m-gonna-buy-head-unit-when-i-did.html
Old 04-01-2007, 07:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Topless TA
The **** is not adjusting the volume correctly
ie you have to turn it mega slow and pull slightly, how do fix it

the led is very dim and i can barely read it any suggestions on this as well

I tried searching but apparently suck at that 'cause i wasnt finding anything
thanks
john

I am having this exact same problem. Are there any other suggestions on this??? Does the clock screen have bulbs behind it that can be replaced?
Old 04-05-2007, 07:40 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 916LS1
I am having this exact same problem. Are there any other suggestions on this??? Does the clock screen have bulbs behind it that can be replaced?

yes the light behind the clock area is a bulb that's replaceable. and the volume **** should function better if sprayed with electrical contact cleaner and spun erratically for a few minuets while periodically spraying more cleaner (it evaporates pretty quick)