Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

ur advice? Subthump Ttop, stealth, or build my own box?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 04:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ur advice? Subthump Ttop, stealth, or build my own box?

Ive been searching like crazy on wtb. I will be getting 1 or 2 CVR 10's and I dont want anything showing via the rear window so here are my options:

+ Subthump ttop box w/ amp underneath
+ Stealth enclosure driver side only (or both but i would have to make my own ps box)
+ or build my own box (I have a friend that will help me build a box)

I love taking the ttops off so i lean towards the stealth set up with an amp rack. But, I love how the ttop box setup looks, but im a lil scared about the ttop holder part and the weight issue. (box=28lbs, amp= 8.5lbs, 2 CVRs=21lbs) ( i know i can take it out if go to the track)

What do you guys think, which should i get?

thanks in advance.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:35 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it all depends on what kind of carpenter you are and what kind of finishing skills you have as to whether you want to build your own or not. Subthump builds a quality product at a reasonable price. If they have what you are looking for...go for it. If not and you feel confident make your own!!!
Old 04-10-2007, 06:21 PM
On The Tree

save the cash & build your own
Old 04-10-2007, 06:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

definetely cheaper to build your own, BUT, the ttop box is definetely pretty sweet. I am currently using the ds stealth, and used to have the ttop, both are nice stuff.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:48 PM
Launching!

I Say Go With Subthump. I Have The Rear Wall Enclosed Box With 2 10 JL 10w3v3, I Love It. Go With Subthump T-top
Old 04-10-2007, 11:46 PM
On The Tree

First of all thanks for your opinions, right now i'm leaning more towards buying one than building, cause i dont have too much time right now.

Originally Posted by blown00ls1
definetely cheaper to build your own, BUT, the ttop box is definetely pretty sweet. I am currently using the ds stealth, and used to have the ttop, both are nice stuff.
Why did you decide to get rid of the ttop box for the stealth enclosure? What are the positives and negatives of each? And Can I fit an amp underneath fairly easy?
Old 04-11-2007, 03:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Camario
First of all thanks for your opinions, right now i'm leaning more towards buying one than building, cause i dont have too much time right now.

Why did you decide to get rid of the ttop box for the stealth enclosure? What are the positives and negatives of each? And Can I fit an amp underneath fairly easy?
Never really attempted to put an amp underneath as I have mine displayed on the "hump". You may and may not be able to get an amp underneath, with the ttops going in, it might be difficult. I decided to go with the stealth for a number of reasons, first. the amp/sub combo I had was too demanding for my stock electrical, didnt want to spend the $$$ on a new alty yet, second, the downsizing saved a little weight, and I made a couple hundred extra dollars that goes towards my retune!
Old 04-11-2007, 04:50 PM
TECH Addict

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Can-t go wrong with the Subthump Stealth Boxes. I have both DS and PS with ED 10" Subs in my T/A.

Subthump actually sells the boxes and the subs as a package deal now. Course you can't get the PS stealth - and he's not gonna be making any more any time soon due to lack of demand. I was lucky enough to get one of his last PS boxes.

The quality/fit is excellent and they are sized perfectly cu ft wise for the ED subs.

I'm also using the SubThump Extended Amp Rack
Old 04-11-2007, 11:45 PM
On The Tree

Alright guys too lazy to build my own and really like the look of the ttop box in the back. the 10's i bought need more cu. then the stealths provide....

so i bought the ttop box.

Thanks for your help.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:10 PM
On The Tree

you going to love it subthump does a hell of a job..i just wish they would take advantage of that ttop well....