Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

T2 15" ROCKFORD vs KICKER SOLO BARIC L-7 15"

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 10:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't get them either way.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

okay, its going to be a sealed box, i dont want it to be so powerful that it makes my wipers flap around or anything lol, i just want precise, hard hits
Old 05-13-2007, 03:24 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by THEhomelessONE
i have $2500 in hand to spend on sub a couple subs, which ones will be better? they both use the same wattage, which will probably last longer and which will sound better or louder? dont want to make a mistake with $2500 if thats even enough for box, amps, wires, labor inc.
I say go with 1 or 2 12" Image Dynamics Id max v.3 or RE sx or se, any of this three subs will be cleaner more accurate and just as loud. And are way better sub companies. Do some research, Kicker and Rockford aren't what they just to be back in the 90's.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:19 AM
Staging Lane

they seem a bit weak, 1000w peak? i know thats not bad or anything lol but im looking for something around 1000w-2000w
Old 05-14-2007, 08:04 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by fspeedster
I say go with 1 or 2 12" Image Dynamics Id max v.3 or RE sx or se, any of this three subs will be cleaner more accurate and just as loud. And are way better sub companies. Do some research, Kicker and Rockford aren't what they just to be back in the 90's.

I can pick a half a dozen of companies that will do what he's asking for. He just wanted to know between the two. I'll say it again, it's all about the tune as far as being more accurate or cleaner, not the limit of the speaker.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:49 AM
TECH Resident

nods.. what he means is the signal coming from the amp.. as far s being clean. You dont want to get a cheap amp that will have distorted signals or overheat or have really horrible clipping.

Cripes these 13Ov2's only have like 1000w max.. and the bass is overpowering compared to my highs. Which used to be very balanced with the old he-2's.

But when you pickt he subs make sure they have hella huge and heavy magnets so thy can handle what ya toss at em. I've seen some subs with big numbers.. and yet couldnt handle it. Then again I have also seen big amps but yet when you went beyond 1/4 gain they over heated or the signal was really distorted and the subs just made farting noises.. hehe

Oh and I guess the HU may play some role for clarity of signal but I stil think its like 90% on the shoulders of the amp.. and some on the shoudlers of how well you wire your system.. where you ground it and types of rca's etc etc...
Old 05-14-2007, 09:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

He means 90% of how good your system sounds is in the install, not the equipment.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:33 PM
Staging Lane

okay thanks for the info, what is a good magnet size? and do they call it something else?
Old 05-15-2007, 11:37 PM
TECH Resident

Just when you go to the store.. and yes I recommend going locally to at least see the speakers before you buy em online etc..

At the store see if you can inspect one out of the box.. you can tell then which has the larger/heavier magnet *big round heavy black thing on the bottom*

Ones rated for handling more rms and usually higher quality will have the heavier magnets.. for instance.. my 12's weigh alot more than my 15's

Hehe I know you wanna get the sound system going etc etc.. but everytime I rushed a system I always ended up regretting not having checked out another option etc.. its one reason we all end up altering them so often.

Quick Reply: T2 15" ROCKFORD vs KICKER SOLO BARIC L-7 15"