Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Who has used Dynamat (or similar)?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 03:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who has used Dynamat (or similar)?

I'm looking into getting a couple subs and don't want my car sounding like ***. If you've used a product like dynamat, how did you do it? Was it difficult? What areas did you have to cover? Thanks.
Old 05-13-2007, 04:31 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LT1wannabe
I'm looking into getting a couple subs and don't want my car sounding like ***. If you've used a product like dynamat, how did you do it? Was it difficult? What areas did you have to cover? Thanks.
I have used simaliar. I pulled out everyting in the back and lined it. Works very well. Just wear some gloves, as I did have some small cuts afterwards.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:20 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by shouldaboughttheZ
I have used simaliar. I pulled out everyting in the back and lined it. Works very well. Just wear some gloves, as I did have some small cuts afterwards.

Affirmative, not hard at all, but please do wear gloves. If not, you will be sorry.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:29 AM
12 Second Club

There are different levels of dynamat that you can use. I would recommend if you're going to do it, do it right. Use the extreme. It has a foil look to it. It has some sharp edges when you cut it, so like the others said, use a glove. Don't get it onto any carpet, or it will be there for a LONG time. It's like a tar that deadends the sound. If you can, find a cheap roller that will help you apply it. The more air bubbles you get out the better. you want to apply it like you would be applying a window sticker to a car. If you want to use it for really what it's made for, apply it to outter doors where the metal is really thin. If you tape it with a knuckle and it has a resonating sound, that's where you want to use it.

It also helps with road noise, so if you have some money, you can apply it to parts of the car where you hear alot of noise out of it.

Just make sure you have a box knife, gloves and a roller and you'll be all set.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks guys. Yall know where the biggest problem areas are for our cars? I don't want to use a lot of that stuff, but I want to make sure I know where to cover as a starting point.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:13 PM
On The Tree

hey something i did that is very simple, it isn't so much for the inside, but more for rattling on the outside, is i got some weatherstripping, not they typical stuff you see on the cars, it's more boxy shaped, and comes in a roll, i took off the tail lights, and filler panel, and everywhere there was plastic mating to the car i put a strip of it, it's kinda of hard to picture, i might put up pix of what i did, but just look at the back of your car you'll see what i mean there is a gap all around it, no rattles once or ever, as far as dynamat i haven't used it (yet) but this is something simple that can be used in conjunction, anyway just my thoughts, and help,