Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Stealing a 4th gen...how easy?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 08:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They have these fairly cheap radio reciever relays you can pop into the starter circuit under the hood and it looks stock. You have to hit a button on the key fob which activates a 30 second window in which you can crank the car. It's not fool proof by any means, but it's easy to install and about 50 bucks, I think. Even if you have the keys to the car it won't crank.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:21 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been worry about people messing with my car for quite a while and with me heading off to school in couple months I'm breaking down and having a upgraded security system put in. Ungo SR6000 with LCD display remote. I know it can't stop people from messing but will notify me about anything happening to it. Plus I like the idea of remote start.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:07 AM
Staging Lane

Default hey

my dad had a couple of camaros backin his old days. he lived in new york and i know ppl over there used to make a hole in the driveway and have like a circular atatchemnt for a pole. they would make it so u can take pole out wen they want and put it in wen they got home. they did this cause of all the cars getting stolen from tow trucks but since the pole was in the way they cant tow it and its not worth stealing cause they cant back it out lol. if u want somthing decent id say just use a chain or get a alarm were it pages u on ur key chain if someone is messing with ur car.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by z28killz
my dad had a couple of camaros backin his old days. he lived in new york and i know ppl over there used to make a hole in the driveway and have like a circular atatchemnt for a pole. they would make it so u can take pole out wen they want and put it in wen they got home. they did this cause of all the cars getting stolen from tow trucks but since the pole was in the way they cant tow it and its not worth stealing cause they cant back it out lol.
I thought of that same solution a while back. I was going to take it the extra mile and add a post on each side so the car can't be put on a dolly and rolled to the side. I'm sure it would work, but you can only do it in your own driveway. Lojack or whatever system your city uses is also a good thing to have, but costs a bit more.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:19 AM
TECH Resident

what about the security if they try and get in from the outside it wont start. for example they get the wondows pryed and they unlock the door by puting their fingers on the unlock/lock button from outside and when they get inside and start it , it wnt start.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by That_guy
what about the security if they try and get in from the outside it wont start. for example they get the wondows pryed and they unlock the door by puting their fingers on the unlock/lock button from outside and when they get inside and start it , it wnt start.
Well, the lock/unlock button won't function for starters. You would have to manually slide the little door lock things and that's pretty hard to do.

I'm not sure what your asking.

Quick Reply: Stealing a 4th gen...how easy?