Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

f bodys with underglow

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 01:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dude that TA looks pretty damn good with those white neons
Old 06-04-2007, 02:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sheesh ya I have to say that doesnt look too bad.. i was shivering at the thought of thos epics as I clicked this thread... butturns out it looks decent
Old 06-06-2007, 05:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

soul tkr you have one of the nicest trans ams ive ever seen please dont ruin it with those lights from auto zone.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Somebody bought a crappy kit......
Old 06-07-2007, 10:13 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 06-07-2007, 11:14 AM
Teching In

i love the look of small neons inside of the induction scoops of a ws6 hood, ive seen it done a couple of times so at night it looks like the scoops are glowing from the inside

my friend has a 99 t/a red with red neons, looks cool at night, i dont think its ricey at all if you have the HP to back it up, its when you have stock civics with nothing but a fart can and neon is when it gets stupid
Old 06-07-2007, 11:32 AM
12 Second Club

If you don't do it ricer style they can be made to look good. The kit I'm lookin at is blue with remote. You can turn them on/off from outside the car & go thru like 5-7 different light patterns. My buddy has them on his car & I guarentee it'll attract people if your parked hangin out in a parkin lot with friends.

Just don't let the tubes hang where you can see them & don't get a cheapo kit.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:23 PM

My black SS had purple under it and I loved it. Got tons of complimets on it. Looks good IF done right where you cant see the tubes.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by nomoneyz
dude that TA looks pretty damn good with those white neons
Thanks man... Like I said, i wasn't totally ignoring the "RICE" issue when installing them... so the whole point to it was making as clean of an install as possible with colerless light...

Originally Posted by Dip Stick
sheesh ya I have to say that doesnt look too bad.. i was shivering at the thought of thos epics as I clicked this thread... butturns out it looks decent
If it's done right... Just like anything else

Originally Posted by todd4168
soul tkr you have one of the nicest trans ams ive ever seen please dont ruin it with those lights from auto zone.
BEST BUY!!!

But just to ease your mind... I honestly don't even really ever have them turned on... I forget they are there half the time and it's illegal to drive with them on, and I feel like an attention craving moron if I park with them on It was one of those things where the car was on jacks in the garage, I was bored, and had those tubes sitting in my garage so... :shrug:

Originally Posted by LT1wannabe
Somebody bought a crappy kit......
and why do you say that?
Old 06-07-2007, 01:23 PM
TECH Resident

the front lights should be angled like an arrowhead so it looks like its going forward.. not a solid squared off line.. imo

otherwise it doesnt look too bad
Old 06-08-2007, 07:43 AM
Teching In

My vote is for the intake only...That's all I have on the outside...I have some in my footwells and under my front seats, to light up the floorboards.

(My tubes are actually on the bottom of the intake, reflecting up, and out...)
Old 06-08-2007, 07:47 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bombhunter
(My tubes are actually on the bottom of the intake, reflecting up, and out...)
Thats what I done too, 10 green LED's per side of the intake relecting off the baffles and out of the front.

I hardly use any of my additional lights, they were all multicoloured used them for a couple of months and for the last 3 years havn't used them at all.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:20 PM
Launching!

Bombhunter that looks sweet! you have a pic of them with the hood open to show how you have them positioned? might have to try that when my hood finally gets finished
Old 06-08-2007, 03:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by fastvert
Bombhunter that looks sweet! you have a pic of them with the hood open to show how you have them positioned? might have to try that when my hood finally gets finished
Can't see 'em with the hood open. Can barely see them at all, unless you take the black screens off. Even then I really can't take a good picture. They are tucked back under the front. The only thing you see when the hood is up are the wires and the converter box.

This wasn't my method. I found this website, and followed his example minus some cutting and such.
http://www.paveglio.com/firebird/200...tml#neonlights

If you take the screens off, and look inside, there is a inch or two "shelf" as you will, to set them on. I placed them as far to the front of the hood as I could. Then I drilled holes large enough for wireties to pass through to secure them, and threaded the wires through the holes that were already there. I lined the inside of the intakes with aluminum tape (found at hardware store) for reflectiveness. Ran the wires through the firewall, to a switch where the cigarette lighter used to be, and tapped into a power source. Pretty easy. Hardest part was securing the wires to the underside of the hood so they wouldn't fall into the engine.

Picture of the round switch. Fit perfectly in the cigarette ligher with no modification. Just unhooked the power to the lighter itself so I wouldn't get shocked or pop fuses. Didn't need to use it anymore anyway.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:57 PM
Launching!

very slick. thank you
Old 06-08-2007, 09:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hey, people are gonna flame you for that ****, just like people flame for doing the lambo door kit, or putting bags on an f-body. but if it's done right, it looks sick, and if that's what you want to do, then ****** do it.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:07 AM
TECH Resident

It's all good. Some of the cars look great. Like I said before, each to their own. And the people who don't like it, than don't apply. My mother always taught me, if you don't have anything nice to say, it's better you don't say it at all.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Soul...it just looked like you could barely see the lights. But from the problems I've had with my camera, who knows what it looks like. My vision might have been blurred a little too. I was kinda sorta intoxicated when I posted that first. Sorry bud
Old 06-11-2007, 10:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by sgt0704
hey, people are gonna flame you for that ****, just like people flame for doing the lambo door kit, or putting bags on an f-body. but if it's done right, it looks sick, and if that's what you want to do, then ****** do it.
Werd. I put a Sparco vinyl on my windshield, and have Sparco seats with 4 points. Just imagine the **** that I take for that. But I like it more now than I did from the dealer lot, so honestly...why does it matter what somebody else says?

Quick Reply: f bodys with underglow