Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Speaker question

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 11:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speaker question

I have a 94 Camaro, and I was wondering if I could convert my speaker set up to be like the 98-02 Camaros have.. Pretty sure they have a 10 speaker system. Would the 2 speaker cutouts in the rear part on the panels fit into mine?

Maby that picture could clear it up.. Those two speakers... It was a random picture I found... Would I be able to use that type of panel in mine or would it not fit? The wiring should not be too bad though if the panel could fit. What do you guys think also?
Old 07-16-2007, 03:18 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you just upgrade the front speakers you'd be better off. If you leave the front speakers stock and add something in the back you will probably tell a difference, but that is only because you can hear it over the crap up front. Start by replacing the door speakers and possibly an amp, then the back seat, don't worry about the trunk.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:56 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 275 Likes on 239 Posts

No (you can't convert easily)
No (Camaros never had a 10-speaker system)
No (the grille is different)

The 97-02 Camaro was available with a premium 8-speaker audio system called the Monsoon. It used an 8-channel amp to power speakers in the doors, sail panels, and hatch area.

The premium system in earlier Camaros was the Bose which is incompatible with almost everything on the market.

The base system in all 4th generation Camaros was a 4-speaker system that didn't have hatch speakers.

But the bigger question is why would you want to do this? There are much better ways to upgrade your sound system than putting speakers in the hatch.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:25 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hatch speakers you barley hear, and most if not all your acoustics come from your front speakers, and some from your panel speakers.