Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

New Subthump box.. Im guessing it doesnt fit.

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 12:58 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes I read that after I found out it was a JL. Those last pics I posted are with the carpet removed..
Old 08-11-2007, 04:43 PM
11 Second Club

I have a new JL box sitting in my garage waiting to go in. The carpet on that box looks way different then mine. Unless that one has been recovered I don't think it's a JL. Maybe a older carpeted MTX box. I test fitted my JL box, it fits great.
Old 08-11-2007, 07:54 PM
TECH Resident

Well Idk about this one, it has to be one made for a camaro or firebird though it has the groves for it, its just too large/poorly made. :\
Either 1) try to sell it and wait even longer to upgrade the system or 2) try to cut that bottom part of the plastic off, didnt really want to cut the car up to fit a damn box but ill do it if i have to -.-
Old 08-11-2007, 08:07 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SSINISTR SS
I have a new JL box sitting in my garage waiting to go in. The carpet on that box looks way different then mine. Unless that one has been recovered I don't think it's a JL. Maybe a older carpeted MTX box. I test fitted my JL box, it fits great.
Your carpet will look like that over time as well. Please look closely at the pictures and note the shape and location of the terminal leads in picture 3 of the install. Now look at the bracket that holds the enclosure in place. They are identical to the one in the pictures he posted of his. The shape of the box is also the same. The only difference is the fit and carpet which to me just looks old...yours is brand new...give it time...I've seen them before when they look kinda fuzzy. They are older.
I know for a fact it is NOT an MTX Thunderform as they do NOT recess the sub into the enclosure...plus, they fit perfect...I've owned one. I have also own a Vantage stealth enclosure which I still have in my garage, and 2 subthumps which I have now in my car that took a bit of coaxing to get to fit just right. In fact mine looked kinda like yours at first on the passenger side (as far as fitment). It took about an hour of messing with it to get it just right. None of the above needed removal of the carpet for fitment issues.
Take some pics of it removed from the vehicle so we can see the back of it and a couple of other angles outside of the car!! Also take a pic of the empty hole where the enclosure goes.
Old 08-11-2007, 08:11 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by KEE AUDIO
Your carpet will look like that over time as well. Please look closely at the pictures and note the shape and location of the terminal leads in picture 3 of the install. Now look at the bracket that holds the enclosure in place. They are identical to the one in the pictures he posted of his. The shape of the box is also the same. The only difference is the fit and carpet which to me just looks old...yours is brand new...give it time...I've seen them before when they look kinda fuzzy. They are older.
I know for a fact it is NOT an MTX Thunderform as they do NOT recess the sub into the enclosure...plus, they fit perfect...I've owned one. I have also own a Vantage stealth enclosure which I still have in my garage, and 2 subthumps which I have now in my car that took a bit of coaxing to get to fit just right. In fact mine looked kinda like yours at first on the passenger side (as far as fitment). It took about an hour of messing with it to get it just right. None of the above needed removal of the carpet for fitment issues.
Take some pics of it removed from the vehicle so we can see the back of it and a couple of other angles outside of the car!! Also take a pic of the empty hole where the enclosure goes.

I have had two JL boxes, one in my other car. The carpet never got that bad LOL....

Further more, they both fit perfect. That one is way off. I wonder if someone just tried to make a copy of a JL box?
Old 08-12-2007, 03:12 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very possible!!! If so they did well on the appearance...which would explain the fit!!
Old 08-12-2007, 11:08 AM
TECH Resident

This sucks.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

just sell it (just let them know it didn't fit yours) -- if you can't get it to fit by now...it obviously isn't going to -- it isn't something that is magically going to work someday

have you contacted the seller??? what did they say?

I think it's safe to say that it IS a JL box of some sort after seeing all of your pics...

hmm.......are you sure your car is an f-body?? ha....don't know what else to tell ya

compared to the JL site...it does look like yours is deeper.....tho hard to tell with pics

Last edited by fredmr39; 08-12-2007 at 11:09 PM.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:12 PM
TECH Resident

Yea Im going to take the sub out since it was actually a good deal had it fit and sell the box. The seller posted in the thread heh thanks for all the help though!

Now im off to look for a better box, perhaps from an official seller lol

Quick Reply: New Subthump box.. Im guessing it doesnt fit.