Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Wiring Infiniti 62.7's

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 06:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Wiring Infiniti 62.7's

Hi about a year ago I had an aftermarket JVC cd player, a pair of Infiniti 62.7's, and a 10" sub professionally installed. Recently a tweeter on one of my 62.7's blew so I sent them back to infinti and they sent me a brand new set under warranty and I notice that they were installed with out using the supplied crossover and were being powered by the factory amp with the speaker part of the 62.7 wired usind the rear hatch 4" factory speaker wiring and the 62.7 tweeter is using the rear hatch tweeter wiring did wiring them like this cuase the tweeter to blow, and should I hook them back up like they were without the crossover or should I hook the crossover up with them? Thanks.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:46 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

Assuming you're talking about the sail panel speakers (next to the back seat), they were installed properly and you should install the replacement the same way. The factory wiring at the sail panels is for subs and is low-pass filtered so it would be useless for full-range or coaxial speakers. That's why the hatch wiring was pulled foward to get the proper signal. The factory tweeter wiring has a high-pass filter in it and the mid wiring receives full-range signal. It is neither necessary nor desirable to use an aftermarket crossover in this configuration.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes that is exacly how they were wired the factory sailpanel subs and wiring were deleted since they blow frequently and I added a 10" sub and put the 62.7's in the sail panels I will hook them up as they were then. Thanks.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:40 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is becoming a pretty common way to do the sails as the rear hatch speakers are not really neccessary and people seem to like full range from the sail area. It also opens a way more possibilities as far as speaker options as well.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:18 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

I'm surprised that it was done that way because so many installations are done incorrectly - the installer must have been a member here.