Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

rear window defrost

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2003, 09:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear window defrost

I know I had another post already posted but I wasn't sure if this was the right place to post this...

My defrost on my back window is broken on one side... the thing that connects to one side is not connected to the window anymore...the people at the chevrolet place said i would have to replace the whole back window just because of that one piece. I have a feeling i am trying to be ripped off....the lines across the window and the other side is perfect condition...it just takes a while to defrost...it has been bugging me for a while...anyone have any tips on how to fix it? Please let me know, thank you
Old 06-05-2003, 09:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: rear window defrost

ttt come on guys...help
Old 06-05-2003, 09:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Most larger auto supplies should carry an epoxy that is electrically conductive for this very purpose. Just remember to pull off the wire & don't hook it back up for a good 24 hour period. Or if you're really good with a soldering iron, and you can defy the laws of gravity, you could solder it back on. (I think the epxoy is a better alternative) Start calling your local auto supply stores & see if they carry it. If you don't have luck there, go to your local auto repair shop that has access to large wholesalers that carry it, & ask them to order you some. I bought some from local gm parts center about 6 years ago, maybe they still carry it. Hope all of that helps, & good luck!
Old 06-05-2003, 03:22 PM
Teching In

My local auto parts store has the repair kits for $8 or so...I think most parts stores have them.