Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Popping sound from radio...

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 08:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Popping sound from radio...

ok guys...first off I want to say that this quick question I have is not about a Chevy but yet a Ford. With that being said moderators if I'm breaking the rules I totally understand if you remove this thread. The question I was wondering is that my father just purchased a mint 1995 Eddie Bauer F-150 from a guy who lives not far from us. After he purchased it and I actually drove it to town I noticed that at certain places when you adjust the volume a "pop" sound comes from the speakers. I was wondering what would be making the radio pop when you are adjusting the volume. It seems that the radio only does it at certain places and also when you push and hold the volume button to raise/lower the volume. Please help out if you can guys...all help is much appreciated thanks
Old 10-04-2007, 08:17 PM
On The Tree

anyone? I know someone out there's bound to know what's causing this...at least I hope someone does...
Old 10-04-2007, 08:53 PM
On The Tree

bump ttt...is there anyone out there? I hope to get this issue resolved...c'mon fellas
Old 10-05-2007, 12:31 PM
TECH Resident

is the popping coming from one speaker or all of them
Old 10-05-2007, 02:36 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It could just be the volume **** is going bad on the radio. Take the **** off the radio and spray a little contact cleaner in the area around **** and turn it back and forth a few times to get it in there. I assume this is a stock radio? That's the easy one to try, could be some other things as well.