Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Alarm sounds when I lock car....

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2003, 05:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm sounds when I lock car....

When I lock my car with the key faub, it gives the usual short honks to let you know you locked the car...but then like 5 seconds later, the alarm sounds twice. Anyone know why this might happen??? Factory alarm system. Haven't done anything electrical to the car, stereo or what not. Just started doing it today.

Old 06-12-2003, 06:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Re: Alarm sounds when I lock car....

i'm not 100% sure but that could mean the alarm has been triped at some point
Old 06-12-2003, 07:57 PM
Teching In

Hmmm, I think the tripping alert is 3 horn sounds when you unlock the car. At least that is what it did when my car got broken into... Dang Thieves!
Old 06-16-2003, 08:32 AM
Launching!

I had a problem like this shortly after I got the car... I took it in to the dealer and they ended up replacing the alarm under warranty. It armed fine, but after a few seconds the alarm would sound.. it was a real pain cuz at the time I had the alarm set to auto-arm, so it was like pandemonium in my drive way til I reprogrammed it NOT to arm.
Old 06-19-2003, 12:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

if its 2 chirp of the horn that is the warning from the car when the motion sensor is being set off...

i somtimes park my car next to the freeway and when trucks go by it will rattle the car enough to set off the warning(2 chirps)

so if thats the case your motion sensor may be set to sensitive

try turing it down( it on the passengersider rear fender well) just pull the spare tire cover off and you see a little black box mounted on the top of the fender well...there should be a stiker on it covering a ****, pull the sticker off(don't remember what the sticker says) and turn the know to make it less sensitive(like a raoio) CCW for less sesitivy i believe..

if that doesn't fix it take it in.

not sure it thats your prob but thats what it was for me, it was just too sensitive.