Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

speaker swap

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 05:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default speaker swap

my car has the monsoon system and the two front speakers rattle really bad so i think i'm going to replace all the speakers with a new set. i know pretty much nothing about sound systems and wiring them up, but i'd like to do it myself. do i need to replace the wires? or do i just take the old ones out and install the new ones like the old ones came out? also, since i have hardly no knowlegde of speakers, what speakers would you suggest i use? i'm mainly just looking for a clean sound, so it doesnt have to bust the windows out and make my passengers ears bleed lol. and im just doing speakers now. a sub, amp, and head unit will come later. thanks
Old 11-06-2007, 07:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The sticky at the top has lots of useful info in terms of replacement speakers and upgrades.

Brands that get reccomended here are mostly Alpine, JL audio, Polk, and a couple others. I am actually selling some speakers that would replace the speakers in the sail panels in the middle of the car, in a post a few under this one. Kee Audio also sells replacements.