Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Best 6.5" Components EVER heard!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 11:46 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

another vote for Focals, i work at a Tweeter and they are our best selling 500+ speaker. it seems like if someone comes in and DOESNT want bang for the buck, after hearing those, they can't help but NOT buy them
Old 12-04-2007, 07:11 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wickedwarlock: "Out of curiosity, what other brands do you carry?"

I carry several what I'd consider in most cases to be lessor brands but some still do quite well if your on a budget and want decent sound. I am limited right now by my distributor and I am seeking out others. I buy direct from CDT and am working on 2 others but can't mention them till I make the deals final.
Other brands: MA Audio, Cadence, Pioneer, Panasonic, Sony, Sound Storm Lab, MD Audio, Clarion, dB Drive, Powerbass, JVC, Jenson, RCA, Sony, Tsunami, DB Link, Kenwood, Scosche, Raptor, Scytek, Metra, Interfire, Kinetik Batteries, Distinct Audio, Quantum Audio, Pyle, Lanzar, Legacy, Phase Linear, Ultra Linear, Visonik, Volfenhag, X-File, Nitro, Xplore, Pyramid, T-View, MP Audio, O2 Audio, Hypnotic and I have Kicker CVR 10"/12" and the L5 in 12" a few others I probably forgot as well. Even then they don't have ALL of the products these companies carry and all to often when I go to get something they are out of stock and take awhile to get it back in stock. Since I buy direct from CDT I don't have that issue with them and to me make a superior product to the others anyway. I just wish they would've kept making amps. They did them briefly and they were nice but they just don't seem to have a marketing budget to back them or the rest of their products up so it is difficult sometimes when people aren't familiar with their quality. Just like alot of the other top quality audiophile products.
I am not a great programmer as far as web sites go and I have a guy who is supposed to help me out soon to get it sorted out and get a few more things up. Like my "add to cart" system and checkout. I hope to have the site closer to where I want it after the first of the year.
I also liked the Focals when I heard them as well!
Old 12-05-2007, 06:58 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by KEE AUDIO
Wickedwarlock: "Out of curiosity, what other brands do you carry?"

I carry several what I'd consider in most cases to be lessor brands but some still do quite well if your on a budget and want decent sound. I am limited right now by my distributor and I am seeking out others. I buy direct from CDT and am working on 2 others but can't mention them till I make the deals final.
Other brands: MA Audio, Cadence, Pioneer, Panasonic, Sony, Sound Storm Lab, MD Audio, Clarion, dB Drive, Powerbass, JVC, Jenson, RCA, Sony, Tsunami, DB Link, Kenwood, Scosche, Raptor, Scytek, Metra, Interfire, Kinetik Batteries, Distinct Audio, Quantum Audio, Pyle, Lanzar, Legacy, Phase Linear, Ultra Linear, Visonik, Volfenhag, X-File, Nitro, Xplore, Pyramid, T-View, MP Audio, O2 Audio, Hypnotic and I have Kicker CVR 10"/12" and the L5 in 12" a few others I probably forgot as well. Even then they don't have ALL of the products these companies carry and all to often when I go to get something they are out of stock and take awhile to get it back in stock. Since I buy direct from CDT I don't have that issue with them and to me make a superior product to the others anyway. I just wish they would've kept making amps. They did them briefly and they were nice but they just don't seem to have a marketing budget to back them or the rest of their products up so it is difficult sometimes when people aren't familiar with their quality. Just like alot of the other top quality audiophile products.
I am not a great programmer as far as web sites go and I have a guy who is supposed to help me out soon to get it sorted out and get a few more things up. Like my "add to cart" system and checkout. I hope to have the site closer to where I want it after the first of the year.
I also liked the Focals when I heard them as well!
Woot, everyone has to start somewhere. Looks like you have everything planned out. Just takes some time, you will have it all completed.

Certainly a good selection, offering everything is fantastic, but also carrying those few big brands helps. Most people buy what they are familar with. So with you having all those selections, it will certainly help out with businiess. Besides, you are on the right track, a little taste of everything!
Old 12-05-2007, 08:02 AM
Banned

Thanks!!! Coming from you that is a big compliment! Preciate the insight! I really enjoy working with car audio and 12V systems. I also enjoy the people I get to meet and talk to alot.
I will be at the at the Peach State Posse's Toys for Tots event this Saturday along with Vengeance Racing and several others for anyone that is local or will be attending this event!!
Old 12-05-2007, 08:17 AM
TECH Resident

Thanks!!! Coming from you that is a big compliment! Preciate the insight! I really enjoy working with car audio and 12V systems. I also enjoy the people I get to meet and talk to alot.
I will be at the at the Peach State Posse's Toys for Tots event this Saturday along with Vengeance Racing and several others for anyone that is local or will be attending this event!!
I'm the most open minded person you'll ever meet. I respect everyone's opinon. But I will certainly point out the bs when I see it.

It's good to hit those events, the best way to get exposure. You know, how people find out about your company, etc.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i say custom built 3 way active setup all the way. and a **** ton of sound deadening, coupled along with molding clay and a closed cell foam! you want sound quality thats whats going to do it for you. not trying to be a dick but if you have questions about how to make your car fast as hell you are at the right place, if you want some more "in depth" advice about your stereo system i suggest checkin out diymobileaudio.com. more than plenty of sq junkies on there that are more than willing to help. just my .02
Old 12-06-2007, 05:33 AM
Banned

My specialty is sound quality systems over SPL systems. I've never been impressed with a system that just does one big loud "burp" of sound vs. a quality system that is pleasant to the ear with accurate sound reproduction. This is a good place for F-body specific help with audio systems.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:08 AM
TECH Resident

My specialty is sound quality systems over SPL systems. I've never been impressed with a system that just does one big loud "burp" of sound vs. a quality system that is pleasant to the ear with accurate sound reproduction. This is a good place for F-body specific help with audio systems.
SQ is my first choice too. But I like the big boom too and be clean. I do like to have both.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

pissing match ***...

the reason he's asking here and not in a store somewhere is because you all own fbodies... which is how you would know what sounds great. jesus christ.. just give him some opinions and let him run with it.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:38 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 277 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by Crows93Z
pissing match ***...

the reason he's asking here and not in a store somewhere is because you all own fbodies... which is how you would know what sounds great. jesus christ.. just give him some opinions and let him run with it.
And exactly how does your comment contribute?? The thread had gotten a little off track but was getting back until you happened along.

Besides...the OP appears to have dropped out for the past week.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
And exactly how does your comment contribute?? The thread had gotten a little off track but was getting back until you happened along.

Besides...the OP appears to have dropped out for the past week.
Nope, Still here! I've been taking the time to go out and listen to alot of the recommendations from this post in some of the local car audio stores. Alot of you guys were dead on with some of these choices. I would've just looked mainstream if it weren't for this post. I probably would've bought the Polk Audio 6.5s and called it a day. BUT now I have a ton of options. Thanks All. Keepem coming cause I'm still shopping around.

And let me say this for the LAST time!! I don't disagree with what you said about everybody hearing things differently and everyones opinions being different based on genre of music. LETS JUST NOT STATE THAT AFTER EVERYONES OPINION ....PLEASE!!!! We get it already(Wickedwarlock) Thanks!
Old 12-10-2007, 11:28 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by RawDawg
Nope, Still here! I've been taking the time to go out and listen to alot of the recommendations from this post in some of the local car audio stores. Alot of you guys were dead on with some of these choices. I would've just looked mainstream if it weren't for this post. I probably would've bought the Polk Audio 6.5s and called it a day. BUT now I have a ton of options. Thanks All. Keepem coming cause I'm still shopping around.

And let me say this for the LAST time!! I don't disagree with what you said about everybody hearing things differently and everyones opinions being different based on genre of music. LETS JUST NOT STATE THAT AFTER EVERYONES OPINION ....PLEASE!!!! We get it already(Wickedwarlock) Thanks!
no problem....I'm glad you had a chance to listen to some.

I listen to all music (classic, hard rock, R&B, Rap, country) You name it, I listen to it, I wasn't being specific either on music type. This is where the tune comes in. But that's a whole another discussion, rofl. Just what you like is what counts, like I said, I'm glad you got a feel for some of the speakers. Wait til you have to narrow it down to a few sets. You're going to pull your hair out on that final selection, rofl.

Quick Reply: Best 6.5" Components EVER heard!!