Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Wiring in my sub Hour 8!!! Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007 | 09:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From: Where the Navy sends me. I'm from and call Georgia my home though.
Exclamation Wiring in my sub Hour 8!!! Please Help

I tried the line adapter, which was a failure. Then I tapped into the rear speakers by the hatch and wired them to the high level rear side of my amplifier and still no output. I took the amp and sub to Best Buy and they both check out fine. I have tried cranking the volume and fading all the way to the rear and all I can here is the base coming from the speakers by the seats. Somebody please help!

Thanks guys.
Old 11-10-2007 | 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The line out converter should work fine. You tap that into one of the rear speaker wires then you run the rca cable from the line out converter to your amp. Did you make sure that your amp was turning on? Check the remote wire that tells your amp to turn on when the radio is on. Did you check the fuse in the power wire for your amp?
Old 11-10-2007 | 10:20 PM
Teching In

amp on, remote good. I've done this before, but I'm stumped!
Old 11-10-2007 | 10:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just checkin cause I've seen alot of people forget things. It kinda stumps me too then if your getting power to everything. I assume your running this off a stock deck right.
Old 11-10-2007 | 10:30 PM
Teching In

yep, I initially ran the line adapter from directly behind the unit but I heard you don't get enough power from there, so I went back to the rear speakers and instead of using the adapter I wired the speakers directly to the apm on the rear high inputs.
Old 11-11-2007 | 12:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

at the back of the headunit is plenty of power its a more ideal place to go because its before the blose amp.

Have you check for voltage output on the speaker terminals of your amp, you should have ac voltage varying with the music. Is your HP filter on the amp on maybe