Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

kill switch + clifford system. are they worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 07:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kill switch + clifford system. are they worth it?

i'm looking to get a kill switch installed. my understanding is that you have to insert a separate key from the ignition key in order to start the car. and if the kill switch key isnt in, the car won't start under any circumstances. is this an accurate description of how a kill switch functions? because if it is, a kill switch teamed up with a top of the line clifford system with gps tracker and pager should make for a really good security system!
Old 11-13-2007, 07:40 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 275 Likes on 239 Posts

Not really. The latest method thieves use to defeat all those fancy electronics is to load your car into a truck. The truck enclosure defeats the GPS and they can work on the alarm system at their leisure later.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
Not really. The latest method thieves use to defeat all those fancy electronics is to load your car into a truck. The truck enclosure defeats the GPS and they can work on the alarm system at their leisure later.
so the only real risk is that they'll load it? i'm sure that happens a lot but i'm not ever planning on parking in in a space where it can be loaded, let alone in a spot where i'm not right around the next corner, so to speak. i'm thinking i'll be alright with the kill switch/gps/pager system as long as i'm smart about it...