Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

I just bought edead V1SE! (sound deadener)

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 09:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default I just bought edead V1SE! (sound deadener)

I'm excited! Everything I have read about it has been positive so far! Especially supposed to be great in F-bodies since it helps to stop/quiet down the annoying rattles and creeks our cars have! I plan to do my doors, over the wheel wells and rear end, and lastly in the actual hatch with the glass. I am not going to cover the whole floor, just over the rear end and wheel wells as mentioned. Anywhere else i should do? I do not have a system and I do not want one, just trying to quiet down the inside of the car.

I bought 120 sq. ft. so I have plenty to use. With the left over I wanna do my brothers 1998 Dodge Dakota club cab. He has Pioneer component speakers replacing the factory speakers and two 12" JL Audio W3's in a ported box in the back since his back seat is deleted. He has 2 separate amps in the truck, one running the mids and highs and another for the subs.

Think this is enough deadener? Also any tips on applying or is it just peel and stick? Of course besides covering wires and such is there anything else I should know? Any tips are helpful!
Old 11-17-2007, 01:40 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes 120 SQ FT is plenty to cover the entire car. I have purchased this stuff for my other cars and it works great. Im going to be using it in my camaro as well. I recommend that you get a wooden roller and a heat gun. Heat the stuff up and make sure is is flat on the surface you want to quit up.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My buddy did his entire TA with this, ive used it in 20+ cars. My advice is once you get the carpet out or panels whatever vacumn all the crap up. Then in a spray bottle a mixture of rubbing alcohol and water and spray/wipe everything down to help clean it. I also recommend using a roller to apply the deadner, especially on services that arents horizontal like the floor roll it down good n solid. For tighter areas use multiple smaller pieces instead of trying to cram a big piece in
Old 11-18-2007, 10:22 AM
TECH Addict

When I apply this stuff do i put it on just the body of the car or on the plastic pieces too? When I say plastic pieces I mean the panels I take off to get to the body.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:16 AM
TECH Addict

Help!
Old 11-20-2007, 09:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Deff do the body for sure, some people put it on the plastic pieces too. Plastic pieces Id think about adding it to would be ones in the hatch maybe if you are putting a stereo in.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:08 PM
TECH Addict

I sure hope this is worth it and I notice a difference! I spent what seemed forever trying to take out all the panels and carpet. I plan to lay down the deadener tomorrow.