Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Is my battery bad?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 09:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Is my battery bad?

I think something is messed up with my alternator or battery or something. My lights flicker all the time terribly bad. And if I push both my window buttons down, my enigne seems to bog down. I don't know what it is or what to do. Anyone have suggestion? Thanks
Old 11-18-2007, 10:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

take your battery to autozone, they test it for free.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:02 AM
TECH Resident

They can also do an alternator test. If everything checks out, check your connections.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ya its the alternator. I have had my car for 5 almost 6 months and i have been through 2 alternators. An before i got my first alternator my lights would flicker constantly. Then my 2nd alternator, while i was driving the car everything electronic shutoff. cd player, all gauges, lights, everything.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:06 AM
TECH Resident

Make sure you check the battery terminals. Make sure nothing is lose.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:06 PM
TECH Resident

Received 171 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by crapyboy750
Ya its the alternator. I have had my car for 5 almost 6 months and i have been through 2 alternators. An before i got my first alternator my lights would flicker constantly. Then my 2nd alternator, while i was driving the car everything electronic shutoff. cd player, all gauges, lights, everything.
You definitely need to check your connections including all of the grounds. Have you been using rebuilt or new alternators??? I've had some really bad experiences with rebuilt alternators. It wouldn't surprize me if 2 rebuilt alternators went bad within 6 months .

My last rebuilt alternator ended up costing me $28,000 ! I put a rebuilt alternator in my wife's older car and it went bad the very next day and stranded her. She said, "Thats it! I'm getting a new minivan!" I've bought 2 brand new alternators for my other cars since then !