Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

weird sub problem?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 11:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weird sub problem?

Ok with my current set up i am unable to control my sub level through my headunit. i have a alpine cda 9883 head unit with infinity components and a ma audio 1000RMS amp along with two ma audio 12" subs. my friend has a similiar set up just with different amp and subs and she is able to control the bass level of the subs with the subwoofer control on the headunit, except mine does nothing, i thought it was wired in right but i may be wrong. And if i adjust the fade to the front, you can hear the subs quieting down and when the fade is shifted to the rear the speakers fade out and the subs get louder. what is the deal here? simple wiring problem or more?
Old 11-23-2007, 08:02 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

Sounds like you've got the sub amp plugged into the rear channel output of the head unit rather than the sub (or non-fading) output. Should be simple enough to just switch the RCAs to the other output on the back of the head unit.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:03 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
Sounds like you've got the sub amp plugged into the rear channel output of the head unit rather than the sub (or non-fading) output. Should be simple enough to just switch the RCAs to the other output on the back of the head unit.
I agree, certainly plugged in wrong. You didn't take the short cut and run one pair of rear rca cables and spice (y cable) them into both amps?
Old 11-23-2007, 05:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

ya i agree to
Old 11-24-2007, 01:07 PM
On The Tree

yea that was the problem i dont know how that could have happened i may have just been in a rush but thanks guys!