Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Harlan shift light not working

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2003, 03:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harlan shift light not working

I have a Harlan shift light that I got last year and it worked great. Over the winter I did heads, cam, and a new rear with 4.10’s. Well it seems as if the shift light doesn’t want to work in 1st or 2nd but it works in 3rd. I have reprogrammed it 3 times and it still doesn’t work. I set it at 2,000 rpm and it works but I didn’t have the car at WOT. When it’s set at 6,500 it doesn’t work at WOT. I have also tried other rpm settings in the 6,000+ rpm range and it still doesn’t work. Does anyone know how to fix it or what the problem might be? I email Harlan but I haven’t heard anything from him yet. Thanks for any help or suggestions.
Old 06-26-2003, 09:50 PM
TECH Addict

Default Re: Harlan shift light not working

Have you checked to see if it has a bad connection somewhere?
Old 06-27-2003, 04:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Have you checked to see if it has a bad connection somewhere?
Checked all of the connections. That was my first thought. I still haven't heard from Harlan yet. I want to get it working soon.
Old 06-28-2003, 07:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well I reset it again today at 6,000 RPM and it came on in 2nd right at the 6,800 rev limiter. It still doesn't work in first but works great in 3rd and 4th. I double checked all of the wiring and it's right. Does anyone know why it doesn't seem to be reading accurately in 1st and 2nd? It's also set to the right number of cylinders. I’m desperate for a fix and Harlan will not reply to any form of communication. Please help. Thank you.