Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Camaro monsoon speakers need help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 06:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Camaro monsoon speakers need help!

I just picked up my 2000 camaro ss today and i absolutely love it but the speakers arent to great so im going to go ahead and reaplace them all with aftermarket speakers. besides the sizes is there anything else i should know about what kind of speakers to get such as channels or ohm's? also how hard are they to install? im sticking with the stock head unit and stock monsoon amp just want some better sounding speakers with a little bass to them, any help would be great
Old 01-03-2008, 07:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cool

Originally Posted by binks0678
I just picked up my 2000 camaro ss today and i absolutely love it but the speakers arent to great so im going to go ahead and reaplace them all with aftermarket speakers. besides the sizes is there anything else i should know about what kind of speakers to get such as channels or ohm's? also how hard are they to install? im sticking with the stock head unit and stock monsoon amp just want some better sounding speakers with a little bass to them, any help would be great
R U replacing fronts only??
If you are, this is a perfect replacement 62.7i Infinity Kappa 62.7i 6.5" 2-Way Speakers 2 way 6-1/2" speakers
Impedance: 2 Ohms.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:11 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 280 Likes on 243 Posts

Some people love the Infinity speakers and others find them way too bright ("bleeding ears" is the comment heard). Try to listen to them before buying to make sure they suit your taste.

Check with Kee Audio - he has some great speakers that are drop-in replacements for the Camaro factory speakers.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

alright thanks guys, and no im replacing all the speakers i think about all of them are blown and it has no bass whatsoever, i found a pair of stock sail panel speakers im going to get but i will look into the infinity ones for the doors is it ok to mix and match the speakers like stock sail panels and aftermarket rears and doors? im satisfied with the sound of a stock monsoon system my speakers are just all messed up.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:16 PM
TECH Addict

What about the rear speakers? (sail panel)

I'll be picking up the infinity's for the doors next friday. I had the same one's in my old Z-28 and liked them very much. Wish i had remembered to keep them. Blown speakers suck ***.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:51 AM
TECH Addict

Bumpity