Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Beeping 12 Disc Changer...?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 04:57 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Beeping 12 Disc Changer...?

My Monsoon 12 disk CD changer constantly beeps while playing a CD. It's the stock system in my 2001 SS. What could be causing this? I know I'm not the only one w/ this problem because I found this unanswered post: https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...eeping+changer

Help
Old 02-06-2008, 12:05 PM
FormerVendor

Anyone??
Old 02-07-2008, 07:29 PM
FormerVendor

bump...
Old 03-22-2009, 10:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bump...I'm having the exact same issue...only hear a quiet pulse (approx 1 per second) though the factory CD Changer. No noise from the in-dash CD or the radio.

Any info - updates appreciated!
Old 03-22-2009, 10:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Specialized,

I kept searching after I found your post and found this unanswered post, in addition to the one you posted above. I finally stumbled upon a possible fix here:

It's the connection going into the cd changer. Check that. I would have the same problem. Half of the speakers would go muted and you would hear beeping sounds coming from the remainder of the speakers. I had my changer in the back seat, behind the driver, and I would disconnect the changer and replug it back in and it would go away.
I went out to the garage and tried to test for this before removing and reconnecting the cable, but I couldn't make it beep with the key in accessory or in run position. I did not want to start the car since my wife is already sleeping, but it was beeping when we went to dinner earlier today.

I did remove and reseat the connector as described above, and I'll report my results tomorrow after I get a chance to drive it.