Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

12 disk changer woes

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 08:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 12 disk changer woes

First thing, I have used search and could not find anything similar to my problem. If it was already asked, I could not find it.

Symptoms.

When playing a disk from the 12 disk changer, an elctronic noise will develop and the right channel sound becomes mostly muted. The noise sounds electronic in nature, sort of like a beep/tick sound. The noise is very periodic in nature but is not heard when playing the same disk on the main head unit itself. So the problem seems to be with the cd changer itself.

Remedies.

In the past when it first appeared, it would happen once in a blue moon and all I would have to do is turn off the radio and back on and it would go away. As time passed, I had to start turning off the radio, then turn off the car and it would go away.

Recently the problem has been continuous in nature at every time I try to use the changer. Turning off the radio, car and back on does not fix the problem.

Has anyone ever heard of this problem before? (Yeah, I know that Monsoon should of been named "bug ridden" ) This is the only trouble with the monsoon I have had since delivery in '01. Any help would be much appreciated
Old 09-26-2006, 07:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

I tried a lazer lens cleaner but no avail. Anyone have any idea what going on with the changer?
Old 09-26-2006, 09:24 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

It's the connection going into the cd changer. Check that. I would have the same problem. Half of the speakers would go muted and you would hear beeping sounds coming from the remainder of the speakers. I had my changer in the back seat, behind the driver, and I would disconnect the changer and replug it back in and it would go away.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks I'll give it a shot
Old 09-29-2006, 07:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

I tried unplugging and replugging in the Jack. It seems to be fixed. Just glad the simplest thing to try, was the fix. Thanks
Old 09-29-2006, 07:49 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

No problem, I'm glad I could help, that's the beauty of this forumn.