Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

door light question

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 12:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default door light question

alright well last weekend i called my cousin up to see if he would tint my side windows, and he said that was fine, but before i came over i decided to make things easier on him and go ahead and take my door panels off... when doing this, i just noticed that i have the lights in the door because i had no idea before because the bulbs were burnt out, and i happened to have 2 #74 bulbs left over from switching out my HVAC lights, so i decided to go ahead and put those bulbs in my doors... so i throw everything back together after we tint my windows, check to see if they work, and now all i can see is a tiny red dot that glows up, but doesnt put out any light at all... so is there any way to get this to actually glow blue, and not just be a little red dot? BTW, the bulbs i put back in were blue single bulb led's...
Old 02-12-2008, 04:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

drill a hole big enough to put a blue LED single in the hole and wire it up to the factory wiring. I switched my door lights to red 74 LED's and they didn't put out the light I wanted so the above is what I plan to do next.