Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

new head unit sticks out too far

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 12:44 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new head unit sticks out too far

i bought a new sony head unit and it sticks out wayyy to far, i got an install kit and it just looks too bulky. does anyone sell a kit that has a tray and allows the head unit to recess into the counsol?? i will get some pictures and post tomarrow, anyone have any ideas?
Old 02-10-2008, 08:36 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My kit looks the same as you are talking about. I wish someone was still making the 1.5 DIN head unit. That would eliminate the need for an instal kit.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:08 AM
Teching In

you can still pick up the pioneer 1.5 din units on ebay from time to time. They arent quite as nice as the new units though IMHO.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:39 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are several units that take up 1.5 DIN that actually are made for a single DIN opening. I just got one in the has a 4.3" and 5.3" screen from a company called Nitro and NESA. You can use these as a 1.5 DIN and use the single DIN flat faced mount to make it look like a 1.5 DIN installation. They aren't Pioneer or Kenwood (which would cost 2x as much for not even close to the features) but they are decent units that perform well and have a ton of very useable features like bluetooth, touchscreen, DVD playback, usb input, sd card reader, aux inputs, A/V outputs and many others. Plus they are in the under $300.00 price range.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:48 AM
Launching!

I'd recommend a humount.com. It pushed mine pretty far back, cleaned up the look.
Old 02-10-2008, 06:58 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by KEE AUDIO
There are several units that take up 1.5 DIN that actually are made for a single DIN opening. I just got one in the has a 4.3" and 5.3" screen from a company called Nitro and NESA. You can use these as a 1.5 DIN and use the single DIN flat faced mount to make it look like a 1.5 DIN installation. They aren't Pioneer or Kenwood (which would cost 2x as much for not even close to the features) but they are decent units that perform well and have a ton of very useable features like bluetooth, touchscreen, DVD playback, usb input, sd card reader, aux inputs, A/V outputs and many others. Plus they are in the under $300.00 price range.
got any more info on them
Old 02-12-2008, 10:22 AM
TECH Resident

i think i am going to try to dremel out the install kit to push it back further, aynone know anything about XO vision????

Quick Reply: new head unit sticks out too far