Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

original monsoon head w/ aftermarket speakers

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008 | 07:41 PM
Teching In

Default original monsoon head w/ aftermarket speakers

the factory speakers blew out so i want better sound without getting a flashy deck. I got 3 pairs of JBL 6 1/2" speakers at 180 watts peak for the doors,sail panel, and rear hatch. I figure I need an amp and complete rewire. I definetley want to keep the factory head unit. Will I run into any problems ??? Keep in mind I know absolutely nothing about stereos.
Old 03-11-2008 | 08:37 PM
Launching!

im running jl speakers with monsoon headunit it sounds really good, but im changing out my headunit with a panasonic im gonna run two amps one to my speakers and one to my stealth box sub
Old 03-12-2008 | 06:52 AM
TECH Addict

That's like asking, "I'm going to take my car out today for its first drive - will I get in an accident?"

It can be done without too much trouble if that's what you mean. Though you're not getting 3 pairs of 6.5"s in there without some custom work. Fronts will be easy. Sails will be easy if you use your own amp and you want to dump the "subwoofers."
Old 03-12-2008 | 11:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

you do know that the rear panels aren't 6.5's right? just making sure you know that you will be doing some custom fitting. as far as the install goes, i wanted to keep the factory head unit also. You will have to get an adaptor to wire into the back of the head unit so that you have rca outputs. that's probably the only problem you will run into. everything else is pretty simple and self explainatory. just a tip...start your wire running from the amp and then run them everywhere else.