Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

HU's that match camaro's interior

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 04:45 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive got the CDA-9887....couldn't be happier with the purchase..except imprint would be nice if I didnt have to buy the seperate part to "imprint" my cars interior.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

pretty much did the same as most above (except its the cheaper alpine cde-9873)

i'm looking to upgrade to one of the pioneer avic units someday. would be great if it had useful gauges in vdd mode though - like tranny temp.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:51 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by blackops22
Ive got the CDA-9887....couldn't be happier with the purchase..except imprint would be nice if I didnt have to buy the seperate part to "imprint" my cars interior.
Alpine CDA-9884 which is very similar to the 9887, I think it looks great in the interior, really clean, and doesn't look like it belongs in a space ship.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

there are only 2 options if you want it to look stock. 1 is to leave it, 2 is carputer since that uses a touchscreen that you dont need trim or buttons around.

its a sad truth as I really like the "was that a factory option?" things that make people think your car was nicer from the start. if you have an extra laptop sitting around (rare, i know) they are cheap to make though.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:06 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by vjo90rs8
Alpine CDA-9884 which is very similar to the 9887, I think it looks great in the interior, really clean, and doesn't look like it belongs in a space ship.
Yah man I totally agree with you about the "space ship" design. I always try to avoid that look. I want things looking as clean as possible.

I would love to have my stock deck back in but it just doesn't produce the great sound quality, nor have MP3 abilities, nor ability to hook my single 10" sub (which is in my stealth enclosure in the back).
Old 02-11-2009, 06:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

What install peices are you guys using so the HU fits fairly flush with the center stack? Our 94 had a HU installed but it sicks out like an inch, and thats whats keeping me from switching up my stock one. How do you get it to mount so nice and flush, does anyone have a side shot of the HU so i can see how far our it is? Crager what is that you have around your HU, and does anyone know where i could outright buy a Double Din bezel?
Old 02-11-2009, 07:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

months ago there was a sponsor (i think kee audio) that was selling double din bezels for t/as and working on camaros. there was a higher demand than what could be made at the time though. id look into that.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:03 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BigBadWhitey
What install peices are you guys using so the HU fits fairly flush with the center stack? Our 94 had a HU installed but it sicks out like an inch, and thats whats keeping me from switching up my stock one. How do you get it to mount so nice and flush, does anyone have a side shot of the HU so i can see how far our it is? Crager what is that you have around your HU, and does anyone know where i could outright buy a Double Din bezel?
There is a metra flush mount adapter. It is not the adapter sonixelectrics or crutchfield, for example, will send with your new head unit but if you call and tell them which one you want that you change it free of charge. I forget the pat number but if you do a search you will easily find it.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:05 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gun5
ya gotta love how they make head units buttons go green yellow and blue.. but never white/red
CDA-9887 from Alpine goes blue on green, green on blue, red on orange, and red on red. It's pretty cool it can match pretty much any interior color wise.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:06 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blackops22
I'm gonna be pickin it up in a couple of weeks.
Old 02-14-2009, 04:03 AM
((((((Administrator))))))

Originally Posted by BigBadWhitey
...Crager what is that you have around your HU, and does anyone know where i could outright buy a Double Din bezel?
Search HUMount, they are not a sponsor. Double's are hard to find, maybe a local audio shop can fab you up one.

~ Craig