Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Got my Alpine iDA-X100 - loving it!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 09:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey,

Sorry for necroing this thread, bringing it back from the dead and all. However, I just googled and found this thread because I'm trying to get this exact head unit.

I have a 98 Camaro, and because the previous owner is an idiot, screwed up the installation of the stereo. I've been told it could cause fire damage, and that I shouldn't hook it back up right now. So I intend to take it to BestBuy or somewhere, get everything taken out and get this head unit installed -- since I already don't know much about stereoes, I'm more of an under the hood person.

However, the BestBuy site says that this unit does not fit my car. How were you able to get yours?
Old 09-25-2008, 08:04 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

Their standard listing shows that the car has a 1.5 DIN factory radio but the Alpine is single DIN size. Technically, that would mean it doesn't fit but it's done all the time using a mounting kit that includes a plate to fill the extra space around the face of the smaller deck.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh sweet, very awesome.
I should be able to get that done, or get help from a buddy. I just want some music, sick of listening to MP3 players.

Well, I think that just about answers my question..
So I'm going to leave, very quickly.. I'm treading on hallowed ground..

(It's a V6)

!