Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Got the Bazooka's from Kee... Thanks! Install questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008 | 09:06 AM
11 Second Club

Default Got the Bazooka's from Kee... Thanks! Install questions

They arrived very fast! Just curious what the Xmax on these is projected at? I also saw that some were getting them in as-is without a spacer. Should I mat behind them? Anyone have a wiring diagrahm or pictures of their install? I also noticed they only have about three mounting holes so just curious if anyone is drilling holes to match up with factory? They look pretty nice so I don't know if the factory piece is a sub or coax but these will sound better than the thud I am getting now.
Old 04-12-2008 | 09:27 AM
Banned

From what I've read most guys are just using the three holes and they work fine with no vibrations. I usually use a Dynamat speaker kit or equivelant deadener around the sail panel. Behind it can be deadened as well or a Dynasorb mat might work well in this application. The wiring for the stock subs is:
Sail Panels
Tan...Left Sub +
White...Left Sub -
Dark Blue with White...Left Sub +
Light Green with Black...Left Sub -

Red...Right Sub +
Tan...Right Sub -
Dark Green...Right Sub +
Light Blue with Black...Right Sub -
I'd just use the stock connector off of the old subs and wire it to the new ones. Then you can plug it in the stock harness directly without splicing.
Hope this helps!!