Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Tailight problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2003, 12:22 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tailight problem

The far rightside section of the passenger side taillight doesn't light up when the lights are on . Does anybody know what I can do to fix this? Is it just a fuse or what? Thanks!
Old 08-09-2003, 09:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default Re: Tailight problem

Have you checked for a burnt bulb yet? Tried wiggling the socket incase it's a loose connection?

Old 08-09-2003, 04:22 PM
Staging Lane

Alright... I just came back in from fixing the problem... it wasn't a burnt bulb just a loose conenction so i wiggled it and it came on. :p took me a total of about 3min. But thanks Brian!
Old 08-09-2003, 04:29 PM
Staging Lane

Hey Brian... Did you use to be in NFFB club? And had a white Z28 with enkei Win wheels? Then got an Impala?
Old 08-09-2003, 05:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah!!! The one and the same! Who am I helpin out here?
Old 08-09-2003, 05:12 PM
Staging Lane

I'm Jimmy. The only person I really met was Tom(black V6).. I bought his 2 kicker solo barics. I talked to you about 6+ months ago. Thats when I just got a 2000 Black Z28 and you're the one that told me about the !Grill mod hehe.. I dunno if you remember me or not. I had to sell the Z, no more job. Now I just got a 2000 WS6, pewter, 6spd. I'm working at SYSCO food services, thats why I can afford it! But I dont think you had the Vortech last time I talked to you.
Old 08-09-2003, 07:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Oh Yeah!.. I remember that!. Congrats on the WS6 brother! and Pewter no less! Man I wanted one of those things really bad but they a tad out of my price range when I last went Fbody Shopping. As far as the Vortech, yeah I threw that on back in February and have been enjoying the heck out of it ever since.

So what you got planned for the WS6?
Old 08-10-2003, 02:09 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks man. I am wanting to get an air lid, MAF ends and a Pro 5.0 shifter. But after that I dunno. Have any suggestions? I was thinking about the LS1 motorsports lid. It's on sale for like $95. Any other mods you think I should get first or after the ones I listed?
Old 08-10-2003, 09:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Go for the lid first.. That's for sure going to be your biggest bang for the buck. Maf ends are questionable IMHO. Do you still have the stock Exhaust? being it's a WS6 exhaust it should flow pretty decent. The Pro 5.0 is good idea!.. Add a short stick to it and you'll be set!
Old 08-10-2003, 10:30 AM
Staging Lane

I just found out that the fbodyhideout is having another GP on the GMMG exhuast. They were having one 2 weeks after I got my Z28. Now they are having one 3 weeks after having my WS6!! I think I'm gonna go for that since it's gonna be on sale. I loved the sound on my Z. Then I'll do the lid and filter right after.
Old 08-10-2003, 03:40 PM
Staging Lane

Actually I thought about it. I'm probably just gonna go for the lid first instead of the exhaust. The WS6 should be flowing good enough for now!
Old 08-10-2003, 09:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

What sorta price they got on the GMMG?
Old 08-10-2003, 11:09 PM
Staging Lane

$650 i believe.. Do you like the sound of your magnaflow exhuast? you don't have LTs or an ORY do ya? How does it sound?Loud?Quiet? Raspy? I was thinking about a cheaper exhuast system than the GMMG since they all are pretty much the same or close enough!! I wanna get the MECHAM(?) oval tips too. I'm planning on lid, filter, shifter, then exhaust.
Old 08-11-2003, 06:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

650! Ouch.. Still a little rich for my blood for an exhaust. I hear everyone loves the sound but I think the tips look cheap on them. Never heard one in person but from the sound clips it reminds me of the Dynomax Race bullet I used to have on my car. It sounded pretty awesome but had a lot of drone. The Magnaflow sounds good outside the car. Pretty Mellow, has some bass to it and nice and quiet up on the highway - No Drone whatsoever. I still have my stock Manifolds & Cats, I hear with LT's and an OYP the Magnaflow sounds about perfect. I'm going to be selling mine here shortly though.. I'm after a Borla CB. I'm a sucker for the way those Tips look and have always liked the sound of Borla and the adjustability. Used of course.. Not looking at a new one..

Your mod plans sound good in that order!.

$650 i believe.. Do you like the sound of your magnaflow exhuast? you don't have LTs or an ORY do ya? How does it sound?Loud?Quiet? Raspy? I was thinking about a cheaper exhuast system than the GMMG since they all are pretty much the same or close enough!! I wanna get the MECHAM(?) oval tips too. I'm planning on lid, filter, shifter, then exhaust.