Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

front speaker replacement

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 12:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front speaker replacement

I think I blew a front speaker.

As I understand it, these door speakers have a 2ohm bass set of wires coming from the amp and a 4 ohm signal for the tweeters coming straight from the deck.

Assuming I got a set of 2 ohm infinitys, how do I wire this? Can I splice the 4 wires together into 2 and hook up to conventional speakers?
Old 05-29-2008, 01:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

this might help you http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29204
Old 05-29-2008, 01:55 PM
Staging Lane

Oh, so the Infintiy 62.7I already has separate hookups for the tweeter and midbass....cool.

thx

Can you use these same speakers in the sail panels (obviously with the tweeter disabled)?
Old 05-29-2008, 02:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Desert Rat
Oh, so the Infintiy 62.7I already has separate hookups for the tweeter and midbass....cool.

thx

Can you use these same speakers in the sail panels (obviously with the tweeter disabled)?
I dont think you can use those for the sails but i might be wrong maybe someone in that thread already answered that if not im sure someone on here can answer it
Old 05-31-2008, 08:22 PM
jmb
Teching In

Default Just did this

I just today installed infinity 6022i's in the front to replace the blown stock speakers. They bolt right into the "cans" that mount to the door and I think they can be mounted in the sails too. So assuming the 62.7s have the same mounting specs you should be able to use them in the sails. I probably should have gone for the 62.7s because I had to cut the wires for the tweeter and splice them to the factory harness I cut from the old speakers. There's not a lot of wire to work with so I used butt splicers, which worked well. They do sound good. Although a lot brighter than I'm used to, I am pleased. I also checked the sail speakers and found that the right is completely dead, no sound at all. I wondered why it wasn't fuzzy anymore!?!? Anywho looks like I get to replace them now
The link above is also a good write-up and there is some great wiring info on Monsoon faqs page.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/wiring-stereo-electronics/612644-monsoon-faq.html
Old 06-02-2008, 08:23 PM
Staging Lane

Got the 62.7s in. WHAT A DIFFERENCE! I didn't realize what crap those stock fronts were until now. Thanks for the help guys. The instructions on that link were perfect. Only took about an hour.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Desert Rat
Got the 62.7s in. WHAT A DIFFERENCE! I didn't realize what crap those stock fronts were until now. Thanks for the help guys. The instructions on that link were perfect. Only took about an hour.
nice i get mine tomorrow but I have a t/a
Old 06-03-2008, 05:06 PM
TECH Resident

get 62.7I infinities in the front and dont look back

im getting the kicker shallow mount subs in the sails this weekend too
its like a whole new system!