Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Finally replaced the monsoon in the TA

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 09:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Finally replaced the monsoon in the TA

Picked up the Pioneer 5000ub

I just replaced the Monsoon HU and left everything else in tact and I am blown away from the sound quality. It is better in every way and very worth the upgrade. The sail speakers have so much more bass power and clarity now its amazing. I was planning to install a stealth box but now I'm not sure.

Its also nice to have access to 8GB's of mp3's with a USB stick compared to shuffling through 12 cd's in the changer. Most of my music used to collect dust since I rarely changed cd's in my changer more than once or twice a year.

Anyone still thinking about this it is a very easy DIY and well worth it!

Can be done in about 30 mins if you know how to put the bracket together. 1hr if the bracket kit didn't come with good instructions

Now I just have to buy/install a PAC to get my steering controls back. I'm always hitting the vol button on the steering wheel
Old 06-23-2008, 11:12 PM
TECH Resident

Looks good..I looked at that stereo. Look in the thread double din club..I have pics of mine in there..
Old 06-24-2008, 09:07 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Irocem99
Looks good..I looked at that stereo. Look in the thread double din club..I have pics of mine in there..
Thanks, double din's are great but too much $$ for me at this point.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:39 AM
TECH Resident

Understandable..I gotta great deal on it or I was going to go with the Alpine x100. The Pioneer you got just looks way too plain for me.. I'm a particular person when it comes to cars and electronics or home and electronics..
Old 06-24-2008, 10:15 AM
Teching In

Funny, I like it because it has a clean simple look.