Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Can't play burned CDs

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 04:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't play burned CDs

I've searched the threads and I've seen posts that say MP3s burned onto CDs won't play on the Monsoon.

I've always burned my CDs the same way and the MP3 files have never had a problem playing. But recently I burned a CD and it wouldn't play. There was no error message, it just stayed on track 1 and you couldn't do anything else. Frozen dead silence.

So I thought it was my CDs for some reason, so I bought a new batch. But these are giving me the same problems.

I've always burned them on the Windows Media Player, if that makes any difference......
Old 06-25-2008, 07:24 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I figured it out! I wasted about 6 CDs, but it was worth it. It was the burn process, after all.....

It must have something to do with the latest version of Windows Media player cuz I couldn't help but notice that the CDs were burning/copying way faster than they used to. The tracks used to go through a couple different steps before they would start to burn, but not no more.

So I closed out of Media Player and went directly to the folders where the music was on my computer. I highlighted each track that I wanted and then clicked "copy to audio CD."

From there, Media Player automatically opens up and goes to the burn window. After you click "BURN," each track gets "analyzed" then "converted".

Once all the tracks are "pending", it will start to burn. And this time it took a long time......

After it "finalized," I took it out to the car and it played like a champ!

Hooray me........
Old 06-25-2008, 07:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the monsoon can`t read cd-rw disks.
Old 06-29-2008, 03:18 PM
12 Second Club

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by shoemike
the monsoon can`t read cd-rw disks.
Does it have any problems with CD-R discs? I've never tried, but I just downloaded Fall Out Boy's "Beat It" and want to hear it!
Old 06-29-2008, 04:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BandDirector Blk98ZM6
Does it have any problems with CD-R discs? I've never tried, but I just downloaded Fall Out Boy's "Beat It" and want to hear it!
no,
just cd-rw.