Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Concealed sub and amp

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2003, 02:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Concealed sub and amp

i have a 2001 camaro ss. ive been looking for a few weeks to see what other people have been doing to conceal thier subs and amps. i have t-tops, so i dont want to put a box or amp in the storage area in the back where the t's go. i saw one guy mount his amp in front of the tire. well there is no air circulation back there. i dont want to cut anything. the other spot would be above the 12 disk cd changer. i could make a table for the amp to sit above the changer. anyone mount the amp under a front seat? i will eventually be getting a jl 250/1. i know its not going to physically be a large amp.

now we get to the box. subthump.com makes some cool suff. the millbox is what id get, if anything. i could also get the jl stealth, but that blows the idea of mounthing the amp above the changer. i want to keep the changer. so what do you guys think? anyone do anything like what im trying to do? thanks for the input.

kurt
Old 08-20-2003, 03:25 PM
Launching!

Default Re: Concealed sub and amp

ok, ive got an idea. how about the subthump's millbox with the 2 10 enclosure. then mount the amp on the side of the box? does anyone know if the is room anywhere on the box for it if its going be facing down and up?
Old 08-20-2003, 04:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's a pic of my setup.
Only one 12" sub, so it doesn't really help you much if you want 2 subs.
The amp is a JL Audio 250/1, sub is a JL Audio 12W6.
Old 08-22-2003, 10:55 AM
Launching!

yeah, i like that. really clean. when i get all my stuff, ill put a pic of it here. mounting the amp there is a good spot if it wont fit above the 12 disc changer. might get to hot to be above it anyway!