Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

How to run a pillar gauges

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 01:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Default How to run a pillar gauges

i saw a write up on here, tried searching for a while. Can anyone help me out?
Old 07-17-2008, 01:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Tttttttttt
Old 07-17-2008, 01:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pull your driver side vent out and pop the light switch out, there's a bunch of room in there to play around.
Crimp/Solder the common wires together from the gauges and the lights and make the supply wires; you should have three supply wires (ground, power and lights), and the signal wires when you've got the pillars mounted and connected together.
Mount the pillar pod on the a-pillar trim and run the wires behind and into the trim by drilling a hole in the trim.
Run the wires behind the trim and into the dash. You can get power from the fuse box for the gauges, there's an acc. terminal (use an inline fuse between that and your gauges). Ground can be run to the the steering column (it's a 10mm nut that holds the V-shaped bracket for the lower panel). I usually run the lights to the light switch (can't remember which terminal though, use a multimeter, I think it's the green) so it turns on/off and dims with the lights. I know it's a crash course but it's pretty easy when you look at it.

Last edited by Mean Green z28; 07-17-2008 at 01:58 PM.