Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Bought some Monsoon Mids and the don't connect?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 07:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bought some Monsoon Mids and the don't connect?

I have a four prong connection and they are heavier than the ones I bought from a member on this board 8 months ago. The one he sent me are 2 prong connection. I'm guessing they are not Monsoon speakers? Am I wrong or did I get ripped? Car was OOC for almost a year so didn't realize until today

thanks for the help
Old 08-04-2008, 11:49 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you refering to the sails or the doors? To me it sound like you are refering to the doors since you have a Camaro and have a 4-pin connector (the sails would have a 2 pin connector). It sounds like he sent you either a non-Monsoon speaker or a Firebird/Trans Am Monsoon speaker for the door. The Camaro has a 4 pin connector because the tweeter is mounted in the center of the speaker but is also wired seperately in the Camaro Monsoon system.
If you still have your stock speaker I can get you an aftermarket speaker that will work with your stock system starting at $87.00 shipped. They'd sound better overall too. The reason for asking about the stock speaker is that you can reuse the connector from it on the new speakers and plug right into the stock harness without splicing.
Let me know if I can help.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:38 AM
TECH Resident

There the 4 om speakers that are on the sides in the back seat. The have 2 pin in stead on 4. I have a trans am but they should be the same. Looks llike I got ripped.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:16 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

AHHH. If your talking about your Trans Am then you have dual voice coil subs in the sail panels and no those won't work for you. The ones you have are either non-Monsoon speakers or Camaro Monsoon subs which are single voice coil and not the same in the Firebird.
I carry the right sub for that location. They are DVC 6.5" subs from Bazooka. They would still require the stock connector to be attached to make them plug and play but they are much better then the stock subs.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:47 PM
TECH Resident

Newb alert! How do I connect them? Any pics? I'd hate to buy some from ya and not be able to install them.
Old 08-12-2008, 06:56 PM
TECH Resident

Alright man, I ordered them. I hope they sound good.