Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Got the H/U in speaker question With/PICS

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 01:33 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got the H/U in speaker question With/PICS

Ok I installed a Alpine 9884 H/U no problem everything went together fine used a install Kit with wiring adapter and antennae converter.

Removed the door panels and removed the stock monsoon speakers.
Made note of which wires ran to the tweeters and marked them with tape then cut them off near the speaker so I could reuse the connectors.

Looking at the back of my new speakers Polk Audio GXR-6 I can't figure out how to wire them. I think the wire on the polks that have the crossover is for the tweeter and the wire that does not is for the woofer.

I am confused as how to wire the speakers so that I am getting power to both the woofer and the tweeter.

I have played around with the speaker and I can get the woofer to work or the tweeter but I can never tell which way have them both working.
Attached Thumbnails Got the H/U in speaker question With/PICS-photo_080808_002.jpg   Got the H/U in speaker question With/PICS-photo_080808_001.jpg   Got the H/U in speaker question With/PICS-photo_080808_003.jpg  
Old 08-08-2008, 09:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

easy way is take a AA battery and hook it to the terminals on ur new speaker and see which makes noise the woofer or tweeter