Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Power Windows And Radio Aint Working Help.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 10:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Windows And Radio Aint Working Help.....

i had my electric cutout hooked up with the radio fuse and blew the fuse. so i installed a new 1 and now the fuse block isnt getting power also right above the radio fuse slot is the 30amp fuse for the windows that isnt power either. so i took out the intire fuse bank and to look at the wires from behind just incase something burned or something. the wires are fine, so i starting testing them with a meter and i notice that the window fuse and the radio fuse use the same wall "power" looks like a little wall of power lol anyways ..... i tested all the relays and fuses under the hood on the driverside all good and the grounds as well ???????? plz help
thanks
Old 09-22-2008, 10:22 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 280 Likes on 243 Posts

Check the COURTESY fuse. It protects the BCM (Body Control Module) which supplies power to the RAP (Retained Accessory Power) circuit that powers both the radio and windows.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:31 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I fixed this yesterday!! here you go https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-maintenance-repairs/883334-ls1-body-control-module-problems-fix.html