Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Anyone have measurements for making a DIY stealth box??

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 09:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have measurements for making a DIY stealth box??

i've seen a few post where ppl were asking about measurement for a stealth box with no response. is there a write up i over looked or does anyone know the measurements on how to make a custom stealth box?
Old 09-23-2008, 10:42 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For a custom stealth box there really is no exact measurement if your using fiberglass with the exception of the front face but there are angles to consider that have to be correct or it won't fit right. The shape of the back is the hard part. I pulled a mold of my first one that I ever built and that's the only reason I am able to duplicate them. Without it, I'd need someones vehicle everytime I made one to pull the fiberglass from.
MDF is the easiest one to make but again, there are several cuts you have to make for the small boxes that are in the back and they have to be the right size and contour to fit right.
If someone wants just the face plate and want to contruct there own backing I can make those pretty quickly. For a front plate only I could make a raw 3/4" mdf plate for $35.00 shipped. This plate can accomodate 10", 12" and 10" square subs depending on the model. The time and labor on the back is the hard part.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the front seemed easy it was just the back i was worried about. ill have to do a few measurements myself and give it a try

Quick Reply: Anyone have measurements for making a DIY stealth box??