Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Stealth Box Install

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 04:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stealth Box Install

I'm getting ready to install a stealth sub box. My car had a stock CD changer with the monsoon system that I removed. Maybe I'm missing something (aka being an idiot), but I can't figure out how the stealth box is going to fit with the brackets for the CD changer sticking up and being in the way. They are metal brackets welded to the car. I've searched and can't find an answer, so I'd appreciate any help!
Old 10-04-2008, 07:51 PM
TECH Resident

i cut off the stub and then the box slide right in, it will still fit with the stud there, just a little higher than normal and it will push up on the trim panel a bit. I had mine like that for a few days before I was about to cut the stub.
Old 10-04-2008, 11:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

or instead of permanently modifying the car by cutting off the stud that's sticking up, you could just install it the way vjo90rs8 did for a few days, then pull it back out, see where the stud has scarred up the bottom side of the enclosure, then just drill a hole in the box for the stud to fit in, and use the stud to help secure the box in place. just be sure to seal up the hole with some RTV Silicone to re-seal the box as an airtight enclosure again.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:30 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 02Z28LS1
or instead of permanently modifying the car by cutting off the stud that's sticking up, you could just install it the way vjo90rs8 did for a few days, then pull it back out, see where the stud has scarred up the bottom side of the enclosure, then just drill a hole in the box for the stud to fit in, and use the stud to help secure the box in place. just be sure to seal up the hole with some RTV Silicone to re-seal the box as an airtight enclosure again.
I thought about doing that and it is a good idea but if you upgraded your head unit and never plan to go back to stock you will never need that stud (I sold my old HU and CD Changer so it was easy for me to make the decision).
Old 10-05-2008, 09:02 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by vjo90rs8
I thought about doing that and it is a good idea but if you upgraded your head unit and never plan to go back to stock you will never need that stud (I sold my old HU and CD Changer so it was easy for me to make the decision).

Pretty much. If you've ever used your iPod or had a deck with USB flash drive, then you won't go back to loading cd's. Just trim off the studs and be done with it IMO.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I cut the stud off and the box fit like a champ.