Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Just installed my Auto Trix window fix

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008 | 05:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Just found this thread
Originally Posted by Ilikeppie
******* amazing the window wouldnt roll up half the time i put this in and now it is faster than the drivers side!!! I got the kit with the one touch passenger side roll down and it works awesome! i am very impressed with this fix well worth the money in my opinion
Thanks for the post!

Brian2006 - Yes our kits go straight to the battery however, this is not going to interfere with what you already have installed, our instructions show you how to wire the kit to factory provided studs.

Does our kit fix stalling slow motors. YES IT DOES. Check out the before and after videos along with the giant list of customer comments.

Why buy this kit instead of making your own?
Simple, you cannot make a kit that will come with the same quality components as our kit.

Our kit comes with over 20 ft of GXL Automotive Wire
2 40/60 amp relays with dongles for easy plug and play replacement
Graphical step by step instructions
Butt Connectors, EyeLets, and Fuse Holder with Fuse

Everything needed to have a professional installation.

If you were to try and find all these peices it would cost you more unless you cut corners. Can you cut corners, sure but my time is worth atleast $50.00 an hour and many of you out there would value yourself higher. If you spend even 1 hour hunting around for the parts, how much money did you save? Not to mention you still have to take the factory schematic and figure out what wires go where.

We priced this kit for it to be a no brainer.

As for the DEI window mod there is a fundamental flaw that comes with being universal. The same problem with the factory window motor.

The circuit inside limits the output voltage to 11 volts then waits for the motor to draw more so that it knows its at the end of the track. This is known as Voltage Loss detection Problem is our motors are made to run on 12 volts and also an old motor might spike when the regulator is missing grease, then you have an express down that gets your window half way down and stops.

Our kit uses Hall Effect Technology for a no loss detection therefore the window motor is getting full power. Along with our kit you are getting proper guaged wire, installing the DEI module without running new wires and getting the load off of the factory wiring will generally result in poor window performace down the line.

Thanks for everyones input and if you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

The window fix kits can be found at the ws6store.com
Old 11-03-2008 | 07:45 PM
TECH Regular

Hey no problem buddy, I am very impressed with the kit i wish it was cheaper but it was well worth it compared to trying to make up my own kit
Old 11-03-2008 | 08:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

I will personally vouch that after seeing the products involved this weekend, there's no way an individual can duplicate this kit with off the shelf parts and still be under the $30 price.

Gnomee - I just installed the passenger side window fix, and I was wondering if the express down module is an add-on or I have to actually replace the kit I just installed?
Old 11-04-2008 | 07:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Brian2006
I will personally vouch that after seeing the products involved this weekend, there's no way an individual can duplicate this kit with off the shelf parts and still be under the $30 price.

Gnomee - I just installed the passenger side window fix, and I was wondering if the express down module is an add-on or I have to actually replace the kit I just installed?

Unfortunetly there was no way for us to make the express an add-on really. You will not have to run the power and ground wires again which are alot of the work. You will have to remove the door panel in order to get the wires from the module up in the door. Here is a link to the instructions just so everyone can see the difference.

http://www.autotrix.net/passengerexpress.html
Old 11-24-2008 | 08:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Any new installs?
Old 11-27-2008 | 01:16 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Thanks for all of the great comments! www.ws6store.com
also carries some of our product line.
Old 11-27-2008 | 08:43 AM
10 Second Club

Yeah those kits make a hell of a difference. I had mine for a 6 months and still no slow window. I did buy through the WS6Store.
Old 11-27-2008 | 09:08 PM
TECH Regular

I bought this kit last year, however I never installed it because I couldn't figure out the wiring, and I swear I did it right. However, I will give it another go this winter because my passenger side window has gotten really slow.
Old 12-14-2008 | 04:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wish I had done this much sooner. It was so easy to install and I no longer have to scream and curse at my windows. They go up so smooth now......Every F-body should do this mod.
Old 12-14-2008 | 06:54 PM
TECH Resident

Just orderd both kits yesterday, gonna be installing both this week when they come in along with new window motors.

I'll take a before and after vid for you guys.
Old 12-14-2008 | 10:30 PM
On The Tree

i installed one of these on my passanger sit and it worked pretty good when i put it in but it still does the horrible stalling, and taking forever to inch up.

ive got the power wire wired off the positive distribution block by the batt.
would i just need to hook it directly to the batt.?
Old 01-16-2009 | 09:50 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

That block should work just fine. Thanks for the order!
Old 01-22-2009 | 08:47 AM
On The Tree

Default Driver Side?

Originally Posted by gnomee
Just found this thread

Thanks for the post!

Brian2006 - Yes our kits go straight to the battery however, this is not going to interfere with what you already have installed, our instructions show you how to wire the kit to factory provided studs.

Does our kit fix stalling slow motors. YES IT DOES. Check out the before and after videos along with the giant list of customer comments.

Why buy this kit instead of making your own?
Simple, you cannot make a kit that will come with the same quality components as our kit.

Our kit comes with over 20 ft of GXL Automotive Wire
2 40/60 amp relays with dongles for easy plug and play replacement
Graphical step by step instructions
Butt Connectors, EyeLets, and Fuse Holder with Fuse

Everything needed to have a professional installation.

If you were to try and find all these peices it would cost you more unless you cut corners. Can you cut corners, sure but my time is worth atleast $50.00 an hour and many of you out there would value yourself higher. If you spend even 1 hour hunting around for the parts, how much money did you save? Not to mention you still have to take the factory schematic and figure out what wires go where.

We priced this kit for it to be a no brainer.

As for the DEI window mod there is a fundamental flaw that comes with being universal. The same problem with the factory window motor.

The circuit inside limits the output voltage to 11 volts then waits for the motor to draw more so that it knows its at the end of the track. This is known as Voltage Loss detection Problem is our motors are made to run on 12 volts and also an old motor might spike when the regulator is missing grease, then you have an express down that gets your window half way down and stops.

Our kit uses Hall Effect Technology for a no loss detection therefore the window motor is getting full power. Along with our kit you are getting proper guaged wire, installing the DEI module without running new wires and getting the load off of the factory wiring will generally result in poor window performace down the line.

Thanks for everyones input and if you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

The window fix kits can be found at the ws6store.com
my driver side is now going as slow as the passenger side, i would like to fix both sides, what do you recommend and how much to ship to the UK, thanks colin.
Old 01-22-2009 | 09:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by firebatbirdv8
my driver side is now going as slow as the passenger side, i would like to fix both sides, what do you recommend and how much to ship to the UK, thanks colin.
We sell a driver side kit and a passenger side kit. You can find them on the website. Shipping to the UK is $30.00.
Old 01-22-2009 | 09:51 AM
On The Tree

We sell a driver side kit and a passenger side kit. You can find them on the website. Shipping to the UK is $30.00.
Hi, thanks for getting back to me, the drivers side on your site says express down kit but i already have the express down from the factory, just wondering if the whole factory switch has to be replaced by your express switch.
Old 01-22-2009 | 11:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yes the factory express down module is part of the problem and has to be replaced. The factory express down module detects when the window is rolled all the way down by limiting the voltage to 10-11 volts then when the motor hits the bottom is can sense the voltage spike and stop the window.

Our express down module uses Hall Effect Technology so that there is no current loss in the detection.
Old 01-22-2009 | 11:26 AM
On The Tree

Yes the factory express down module is part of the problem and has to be replaced. The factory express down module detects when the window is rolled all the way down by limiting the voltage to 10-11 volts then when the motor hits the bottom is can sense the voltage spike and stop the window.

Our express down module uses Hall Effect Technology so that there is no current loss in the detection.
Ok thanks i will order end of february.
Old 04-24-2009 | 04:16 AM
Banned

So how do you know if it is a relay issues that is causing the slow or stuttering travel, or if it is the motor itself. on its last leg?

Thanks!

DM
Old 04-24-2009 | 12:58 PM
Teching In

I replaced my passengers side motor 6 months ago and it has begun to slow again. I like the Auto Trix kit but just not crazy about wiring inside the engine compartment. I have a question about replacing the window regulator and motor together. Anyone done this and had the same results? Dorman makes a replacement regulator and motor 741-887. It costs around $100. Looking for some feedback on this route.

Thanks
Old 05-03-2009 | 10:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

The Motor slowing down is the motor "GOING OUT". Applying proper power to the motor will keep the resistance down and keep the thermal proxy switch from tripping early. If the motor is too far gone then it will not help.

Unfortunetly there is no way to 100% be sure how gone the motor is. The good news is supplying the motor with proper power really should be done either way. So try it and if it does not work put a new motor in and know that it will be the last time you have to do it.

As for:
Installing a new regulator and Motor is almost easier than just trying to replace the motor.

You should be able to do a search and find some write ups on doing it.

As for wiring the Auto Trix kit, Its no big deal and if you get wire loom it will match the factory wires already running in the same place.

Good Luck!

Quick Reply: Just installed my Auto Trix window fix